What the **** was that?

Mark Albrighton

Got the below on VHS one Christmas, many many moons ago.  A veritable treasure trove (and yes, I believe Ronnie's miss is in there somewhere if I remember rightly). Ah, memories.

TRIGGER WARNING: Danny Baker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I couldn’t find a suitable thread, but I thought we could have one for daft moments from the game.

Not quite “the game’s gone” stuff, more like terrible misses, unusual moments of play, maybe some stupid quotes from managers, whatever. 

Think clips that would appear on a 90’s Nick Hancock football video or Fantasy Football League.

I expect Ronnie’s miss at Villa Park will make an appearance shortly.

Kicking it off with this miss that I have never seen before today.

And, stealing one that I first saw in a Nick Hancock video, Mr Devine’s infamous penalty.

That name again, Peter Devine.

Must've watched football nightmares 30 times.

Looks like the pies are ready!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Bumping this never popular thread from the safety of having just beaten Wolves.

At around the 1:25 mark…Paul Stancliffe, I ask of you, what the **** was that?

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When I saw this thread was bumped, I thought for sure it would be Hibs' quick free kick against Rangers today:

One of them was that small queef nobber?

Even better 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Bumping this never popular thread from the safety of having just beaten Wolves.

At around the 1:25 mark…Paul Stancliffe, I ask of you, what the **** was that?

You don't see bald footballers like that fella at 1:24 playing the pass anymore... pretty sure its Steve Agnew? 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 20:29, HanoiVillan said:

When I saw this thread was bumped, I thought for sure it would be Hibs' quick free kick against Rangers today:

Couldn't make it up 😀..........and people wonder why we are having a sh**e season. That's what you get for taking a loan signing from Sunderland. 😉

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Couldn't make it up 😀..........and people wonder why we are having a sh**e season. That's what you get for taking a loan signing from Sunderland. 😉

Please tell me you were there to witness that in the flesh!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Please tell me you were there to witness that in the flesh!

(Un) fortunately not now,   that is one  ground when full with their bigot supporters , singing their sectarian songs I will never go near again. 

I can think of many places to go where you don't have to listen to them singing about Bobby Sands et al whilst ....."up to my knees in fenian blood"  being bombarded with half eaten pies and cups of warm piss ☹️

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

(Un) fortunately not now,   that is one  ground when full with their bigot supporters , singing their sectarian songs I will never go near again. 

I can think of many places to go where you don't have to listen to them singing about Bobby Sands et al whilst ....."up to my knees in fenian blood"  being bombarded with half eaten pies and cups of warm piss ☹️

I believe that is marketed as the VIP experience at St Andrew's @ Knighthead Park

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I believe that is marketed as the VIP experience at St Andrew's @ Knighthead Park

Been there many times in my Villa supporting days and believe me it's nothing like going to Ibroke 😉  ( especially if you support a team in green and they believe you are all fenian bas**rds) 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

Been there many times in my Villa supporting days and believe me it's nothing like going to Ibroke 😉  ( especially if you support a team in green and they believe you are all fenian bas**rds) 

Forgive my ignorance here - and this is a genuine question - but given the name of your club, wasn't there an initial hardcore of irish immigrant support at Hibs ? 

I mean, I've heard that Hearts supporters are just rangers fans without the bus fare ?

Happy to be corrected and isn't a wind up. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Forgive my ignorance here - and this is a genuine question - but given the name of your club, wasn't there an initial hardcore of irish immigrant support at Hibs ? 

I mean, I've heard that Hearts supporters are just rangers fans without the bus fare ?

Happy to be corrected and isn't a wind up. Thanks.

You are correct in that our club was formed from Irish immigrants in 1875 ( hence the name )  However any sectarian chants and clinging on to the Irish heritage died out many many decades ago.  It is the same with Hearts fans and their allegiance to the protestant cause..  Both teams have their "ultra" groups ( wee laddies) which have around 100 in their numbers who at certain games try to be like mini Celts and 'gers  ( local derbies , us v Rangers and Hearts v Celtic) and try to bring up the Catholic v Protestant  issue without any understanding about any of the history.  However 99.9% of the rest of the fans of both clubs  have nothing to do with it. At other games there is no sectarian issues at all.

Certainly at Ibrox and Celtic Park to an extent ( and when they both travel away)  you will hear a large part of their crowd singing sectarian songs and chants . Look at the tifo Celtic fans had around half the ground at Livingston last Sunday, all dedicated to the 1916 Easter Rising. Scotland has just passed new laws relating to hate and sectarian crime and as Ally McCoist said today that it looks like he and 48,000 others will be arrested at Ibroke next Sunday when they entertain Celtic. 🙄

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Thanks 2

Â