Villa Players @ The World Cup

Kingman

Do we know when the final World Cup squads are announced and who that will most likely include?

How many players will we be missing on world cup duties? 

Obviously would be massive if Emery had most of the squad for a mini pre-season during the 6 week break ready for Liverpool on Boxing day. 

I’m thinking it’ll be just Emi M, Cash, and Dendoncker. Buendia could be an outside shot, and same with Luiz and Coutinho. I don’t see Ollie or Ming’s getting in, which is for the best honestly. So hopefully most of the squad will be around for the break. 

3 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

I’m thinking it’ll be just Emi M, Cash, and Dendoncker. Buendia could be an outside shot, and same with Luiz and Coutinho. I don’t see Ollie or Ming’s getting in, which is for the best honestly. So hopefully most of the squad will be around for the break. 

Kamara is nearly fit and might squeeze a spot

Edited by Zatman

mings missing out is almost inevitable at this stage and will be the cherry on the top of the southgate shit sandwich 

poor guy probably never had or will have a better chance of making a world cup, went in to last years euros as the starting CB and didnt put a foot wrong, has a great record for england, the hypocrite strikes again, im gutted for him and hope maguire is utterly shite 

• Like 1

We all know Mings is a principled guy. I wonder if his removal from the England squad might be down to the fact he didn't want to play in Qatar? 

There has been no real explanation about his fall from the England squad. He was ahead of Coady and others and now is basically ignored. 

• Like 1

Maybe and at the same time you wouldn't put it past the FA to insist on remaining silent on his stance too

Seen no leaks of the 55 man team at all, 55 players is a lot, id expect mings, Watkins and even Ramsey to be on that big a shortlist, in reality the 2 Liverpool midfielders from the u21s will be instead

3 hours ago, Xela said:

We all know Mings is a principled guy. I wonder if his removal from the England squad might be down to the fact he didn't want to play in Qatar? 

There has been no real explanation about his fall from the England squad. He was ahead of Coady and others and now is basically ignored. 

I think Mings would love to be at a WC irrelevant of where it’s played. It’s just that Southgate is a twunk

• 2 weeks later...

From a selfish perspective this is fantastic news so far, Only Martinez to date? 

Possibly Cash, Digne, Dendoncker? 

The gaffer will have a circa 90% squad for a mini pre-season. 

Walsall here we come :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/11/2022 at 11:09, Kingman said:

From a selfish perspective this is fantastic news so far, Only Martinez to date? 

Possibly Cash, Digne, Dendoncker? 

The gaffer will have a circa 90% squad for a mini pre-season. 

Walsall here we come :D

Kamara and Bednarek probably too

Edited by Wainy316

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wonder if we will have a couple of  pre/mid season fixtures? Perhaps we could play Santos for a 50 year anniversary special of the great man, Pele, coming to Villa Park.

Pretty sure I read that we are going out to Dubai for a training camp but can't remember if that was Gerrard's intentions?

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Kamara and Bednarek probably too

Again from a selfish perspective I hope Kamara gets overlooked, With respect Bednarek won't have to much of an impact if selected. 

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

We play Cardiff on 30th November in a Peter Whittingham memorial game.  Wonder what kind of team we'll be putting out.

Yeah seen the tickets on the OS, Shame they've but it on a School night and not a weekend, especially with no fixtures till boxing day. 

That would of probably doubled the turn out.

Edited by Kingman

I'd loathe for this to be the World Cup that England win, whilst in that pisshole of a country, in the one World Cup that everyone knows is based on corruption, bribery, blackmail, robbery and hijinks... with the majority of the national squad first team being benchwarmers for Man City, because they werent good enough for a starting spot playing for *just* Aston Villa, Leeds et al.

I support everyone but England in this World Cup...

I want Southgate to get humiliated...

and I would like Grealish to be the one to make the catastrophic error that costs us...
and for the country to turn on him like they turned on Beckham, Southgate etc etc etc...

It would be my preference for all of those things to fall into place...

But I am watching none of it...

• Like 1

Â