Unai Emery

PeterSw

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" First of all you rude b**ch... Good afternoon! " 😂 

Reminds me of older Jamaicans when I was younger who would be seething if you dared walk past them in the neighbourhood and not say Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening " 😂

Dunno how old you are but same for me, nan and grandad and my mom and dad (all brummies) drilled manners into us. Now my kids ask 'who's that?' when I say hello to strangers, they're amazed when I say 'I don't know them, just being polite'😀hopefully I can pass it on another generation or 2

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Such a shame Unai cam died.

Pretty sure he celebrated like that all the way to 3-0.

He knew we'd been off it and that was a big game for us.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Got these players firing… I expect more for the rest of the season and beyond…

Diaby will be back too… started really well but has tailed off… it’s his first season at the club… we wouldn’t have invested so much in him if we couldn’t see how much he’d enhance us and it was a long term signing, not a short term one… will be a major asset going forwards…

The first 4 players on that list have been completely elevated by Unai… others will (and have been) too…

Emi just gets better, Konsa has been immense, Pau has shown his quality and importance… Bouba is essential…

Moreno and JJ will be back to their best (superb last season) soon…

We’re just going to get better..

There was a little moment in that game, where he went on a short run along the bye line......and his quick feet, were on show, it was encouraging...he's got it alright.

I don't think he has lost confidence in himself, I think its more to do, where he should be, in the pattern of the team, he looks a bit unsure to me, where he should be.

I think he will settle in, and when he does, we will be saying " where has he come from".......Personally, I am ignoring him in the sense of expectancy, and just letting him find his feet.....the fee of 50 mill, is not down to him, and it shouldn't be aimed at him, thats the clubs responsibility.

I feel he will be ok, but it might not be as quick as we would like.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Dunno how old you are but same for me, nan and grandad and my mom and dad (all brummies) drilled manners into us. Now my kids ask 'who's that?' when I say hello to strangers, they're amazed when I say 'I don't know them, just being polite'😀hopefully I can pass it on another generation or 2

and its all "free"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We’Ve BIn fOUnd OuT 

Respectfully we’ve watched us struggle for 5 games prior to this, baring in mind we’ve just played the worst team in the league the majority of comments prior were valid. 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Such a shame Unai cam died.

Pretty sure he celebrated like that all the way to 3-0.

He knew we'd been off it and that was a big game for us.

Is it definitely finito? Looked forward to that so much after big wins

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you are either being really harsh on us here or very, very, very kind to Spurs and Newcastle. 

Spurs went on a run in November/December of 5 premier league games without a win, losing 4 of them including 3 losses on the bounce.

Newcastle went on a run in December/January of 6 defeats in 7 premier league games including 4 losses on the bounce. 

Our worst run this season has been in December/January where in 5 premier league games we lost 2 but never lost two games on the bounce (a stat that in fact applies to our whole season).

In terms of injuries during that spell over December and January we have been without Torres, Digne, Kamara, Ramsey, Tielemans for multiple games and you could make a decent argument all five of those players are part of our best 11.

I'd say based on the above it is us that should be put forward as the shining example of a side who have dug in and quickly dampened any storms as both Spurs and Newcastle, who you put forward as those shining examples, have had much worse runs than us. 

I think Mark, its quite clear, in my wording, its a suspicion and its my opinion.....it may differ to yours, thanks for your view. I was merely trying to portray, I don't think injuries, are quite the "go to" reason for our wobble, thats all.

for the record, it wasn't meant as as a "shining" example, thats your added adjective, it was a superficial off the top of my head, comment.

I think Newcastle dug in against us, but they have struggled, in many other games, granted, but I think they have had a more profound injury list......Spurs maybe not so hit as hard, but lost their top striker to Afcom, and still have a similar form guide to us over the last 5 games.

I don't feel, I was being harsh or kind...thats your entitled interpretation.

Edited by TRO

33 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Respectfully we’ve watched us struggle for 5 games prior to this, baring in mind we’ve just played the worst team in the league the majority of comments prior were valid. 

I totally agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Mark, its quite clear, in my wording, its a suspicion and its my opinion.....it may differ to yours, thanks for your view. I was merely trying to portray, I don't think injuries, are quite the "go to" reason for our wobble, thats all.

for the record, it wasn't meant as as a "shining" example, thats your added adjective, it was a superficial off the top of my head, comment.

I think Newcastle dug in against us, but they have struggled, in many other games, granted, but I think they have had a more profound injury list......Spurs maybe not so hit as hard, but lost their top striker to Afcom, and still have a similar form guide to us over the last 5 games.

I don't feel, I was being harsh or kind...thats your entitled interpretation.

Sorry I didn't realise you were just picking the last 5 games (our worst five game run of the season) and then using that as the yardstick. I was using each teams worse run of the season and Spurs and Newcastle have had far worse runs than we have had so for me I'd be using us as the example of a side who dig in and weather a storm despite multiple injuries. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

There was a little moment in that game, where he went on a short run along the bye line......and his quick feet, were on show, it was encouraging...he's got it alright.

I don't think he has lost confidence in himself, I think its more to do, where he should be, in the pattern of the team, he looks a bit unsure to me, where he should be.

I think he will settle in, and when he does, we will be saying " where has he come from".......Personally, I am ignoring him in the sense of expectancy, and just letting him find his feet.....the fee of 50 mill, is not down to him, and it shouldn't be aimed at him, thats the clubs responsibility.

I feel he will be ok, but it might not be as quick as we would like.

Agree 100%. First season is always about settling - I am treating the good things we have seen (excellent at times) as a bonus during his adaptation

• Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Sorry I didn't realise you were just picking the last 5 games (our worst five game run of the season) and then using that as the yardstick. I was using each teams worse run of the season and Spurs and Newcastle have had far worse runs than we have had so for me I'd be using us as the example of a side who dig in and weather a storm despite multiple injuries. 

Oh ok... cross wires then....Yeah I was just talking recent form and relating to our wobble ( if thats the right word) since the great week of Man City and Arsenal wins. I wasn't trying to be selective, to make a point.....just recent form.

Like most fans, trying to deduce, why go on a bad run, after such an ecstatic week of football and confidence sky high....Nothing sinister, just looking for answers.

FWIW The games against Man U and Newcastle, didn't strike me as digging in......But thats the beauty of opinons......maybe our forthcoming games, will strike me as digging in.

• Like 1

I'm sure his facial tics etc are him using them as mechanisms so he can gather his thoughts to express himself better in English. He didn't do this at Arsenal.

He's giving himself time to find the words to say now without coming across wrong.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Is it definitely finito? Looked forward to that so much after big wins

He wasn't a fan.

Don't think the club understood how popular it was. I think he could have been talked round.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 12:39, TRO said:

Not in this game we wasn't, perhaps your getting mixed up with Tuesdays game.... or using this game to poke fun at the comments made about Tuesdays game, with a "told you so"

In some aspects of the game.....all was not necessarily corrected and we wasn't challenged in those same aspects yesterday, in the way Newcastle did....The overtures of both games was different, hence the performances and results were different.

So lets enjoy the win and the performance, but not get carried away.

If you are suggesting (even tongue in cheek) that some folk was wrong in their assessment of that game, I think you are wrong.....some of the comments on tuesday, was justified.

They found a way, to administer, that performance and result, which was in stark contrast to the game on Tuesday.....so good on the boys for that.....but we fans can only say, what we see.

Or what some think they’ve seen or want to see to justify an opinion they already have regardless of facts perceived or otherwise. We’ve all done it from time to time, sometimes without justification or even cause but you know what humans are like. Over exposure to thinking can sometimes lead to problems and create problems that may not really exist!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Or what some think they’ve seen or want to see to justify an opinion they already have regardless of facts perceived or otherwise. We’ve all done it from time to time, sometimes without justification or even cause but you know what humans are like. Over exposure to thinking can sometimes lead to problems and create problems that may not really exist!

Fair Comment, Dave

Â