Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/11/2023 at 22:52, It's Your Round said:

Something tells me that by the time Emery leaves Villa, nobody will give a toss what he did at Arsenal and nobody on earth will be able to ever doubt his class again. 

I didn't give a toss about his Arsenal record the moment he was ours. His record speaks for itself. Im amazed how his PSG record is so pissed on. Their most successful manager in history and sacked for not owning the champions league!? Jesus. He own them 4 trophies in one season!? We'd love that type of failure.

Thank you daddy Nas for this wonderful Basque present you have given us. He's here, he's ours, and he's everything and more.

Genius. Elite.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

1 point off City and 2 points off top, what kind of **** madness is this?!

It's getting a chub on madness 😉

He's a genius. Just give him the freedom of the city. He's above special.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I didn't give a toss about his Arsenal record the moment he was ours. His record speaks for itself. Im amazed how his PSG record is so pissed on. Their most successful manager in history and sacked for not owning the champions league!? Jesus. He own them 4 trophies in one season!? We'd love that type of failure.

Thank you daddy Nas for this wonderful Basque present you have given us. He's here, he's ours, and he's everything and more.

Genius. Elite.

Don't think any of us did. Although a lot of the media and other fans were bringing up his Arsenal days, I distinctly remember the reception among Villa fans being universally ecstatic.  We knew his record and what a coup he was.

Seventy-seven points from thirty-eight games since he was appointed manager if I've worked it out right, over the same amount of games previous Brighton and Spurs only took 63 points, which isn't bad as far as Brighton go, but the way they're hyped up you might not think we had been so much better than them, only Man City and Arsenal have taken more points over their last thirty-eight games.

Obviously it's not the same thing but seventy-seven points would have been enough to win the league in 96/97 season when Man Utd finished top with seventy-five points.

Only once since the Premier League began has seventy-seven points not been enough to finish top four, which was 13/14 season when Arsenal finished fourth with seventy-nine points, even when there were forty-two games a season seventy-seven points would have been good enough for top four, we actually had seventy-four points when we finishe second with Ron Atkinson in charge.

Again of course playing thirty-games within a season is different to playing the same amount of games across two seasons, but another illustration of positive impact Emery has had.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So when we going to start talking about a long term contract?

He's already on the longest term contract in Villa's managerial history.    The club haven't put a number on it, but we've had quite a few managers sign four year deals so unless the press release at the time was a lie then Emery is under contract until at least the end of the the 2026/27 season.   I think it's clear the club are committed to him in the long term, in the 13 months he's been here there have been a huge number of appointments in key areas which are geared towards making Emery feel at home.  We bought in scouts he's worked with for years at previous clubs (link) we've bought in his old partner in crime Monchi (link) and we look set to announce a partnership with Real Union, a third division Spanish Club from the outskirts of San Sebastian where Unai Emery grew up and now owns (link).  Unai was out in Milwaukee during the international break with Wes Edens (link) and while I can only speculate over what they were talking about, I'm guessing it wasn't all basketball.  The club's commitment to Unai seems rock solid right now. 

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Not seen him so animated about a goal in a long time. Wonder what was going on that he expressed such emotion. Sometimes he celebrated with joy, but today felt he celebrated with anger. 

Probably tired of the media "Big Ange" wankfest like the rest of us and glad to put him in his place.

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

38 league games. TWENTY FOUR WINS. 

His pragmatic approach is not about not losing. Its about winning. He has no interest in draws whatsoever. 

Getting to the stage where i would stand next to him holding toilet paper for him when he is having a sh*t. Have never loved a man like i love Unai.

Draws are worthless

I

Â