Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Is there a league percentage ? Because that includes points for cup games doesnt it which makes no sense. I have him at 32 league games so far with 64 points .

Yep, i have the same.

32 League games, 64 points.

Exactly 2 PPG in the PL, or 76 points over a season, if he keeps it up.

• Like 3

I'm not gay but I would for him.

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yep, i have the same.

32 League games, 64 points.

Exactly 2 PPG in the PL, or 76 points over a season, if he keeps it up.

If you take this as season then so far its 2.14 points per game or, to round it up, 81 points this season if we keep it up.

He's a genius.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im a bit of a saddo, but i have been keeping track of our results for the past 4.5 years now, this is what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.409c75a0a5c163b79518403d494cd7a9.png

This is great!

Surprised at how few PPG Smith got overall, although tbh we were pretty crap under him in the PL aside from a few streaks. Emery has been consistently good since he came in however.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

The number of managers we've had over the past 40 years is alarming. No manager with more than 190 games (MO'N) in charge since Ron Saunders, Dean Smith the longest serving since M'ON with 138. 

Could Unai become the longest serving manager since Ron Saunders?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

The number of managers we've had over the past 40 years is alarming. No manager with more than 190 games (MO'N) in charge since Ron Saunders, Dean Smith the longest serving since M'ON with 138. 

Could Unai become the longest serving manager since Ron Saunders?  

It's the same with most football clubs now. I think the average lifespan of a Premier League manager at a single club isn't even 2 years now?

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

It's the same with most football clubs now. I think the average lifespan of a Premier League manager at a single club isn't even 2 years now?

Would love to be able to buck that trend. We've got a good one here, I hope we can keep him. I think we can.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is great!

Surprised at how few PPG Smith got overall, although tbh we were pretty crap under him in the PL aside from a few streaks. Emery has been consistently good since he came in however.

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, i guess Smith's avg PPG is skewed by the first full years survival struggle, that would bring the AVG. PPG down significantly.

Factoring that in, its clear Slippy was by far the worst manager we had since we got promoted.

on the flip side, Smith's results peaked, then dropped off massively when Grealish left, obviously, as he got sacked in the end due to poor results.

Probably worth bearing in mind the likes of Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Luiz…they would all be finding their feet in Premier League football in that first season. 

They’re all much better, established top flight players now than they were then, so results with them involved should be better (and yes, Emery takes his share of the credit for that individual improvement too).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Probably worth bearing in mind the likes of Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Luiz…they would all be finding their feet in Premier League football in that first season. 

They’re all much better, established top flight players now than they were then, so results with them involved should be better (and yes, Emery takes his share of the credit for that individual improvement too).

Yeah those two squads aren't really comparable. But what Emery's doing regardless is amazing. Just need to look at when he came in VS what Steven was serving up.

• Like 2

Â