Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think this is what it takes to be a manager at the top level.

Being up for the job isn't enough.

You need to be completely obsessed with football 24 hours a day which obviously most are not.

I'm always hyped for the games but I don't go around thinking about football all day.

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I won’t be surprised if one or two people arrive on his back room team.

I'd be curious to know what the total salary bill is for all these staff! 

There's a lovely shot during the Emery Cam, where Unai is in the foreground and in the background, on one of the banners, is a picture of Ron Saunders. For me it stitches two eras together and I can almost hear Ron saying "This is nice but I assembled a team that won something you haven't...yet. Keep going young man, it'll come.". After all these years we finally have a manager (a couple came close, respect and affection to them) that might just build on the legacy left by Ron and Tony.

On a bleaker note I don't like SAF bigging us up when Ten Hag looks so clueless!!

• Like 1

Wonder what his thoughts were during Duran's goal.

"Don't celebrate, it's an embarrassing goal to concede."

Or

"All those long hours and preparation and they just throw us a goal."

Not sure why but there are certainly some goals he celebrates more than others. There were even some winners where he continued assessing and planning but other goals he definitively celebrates.

Edited by DJBOB

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Or

Not sure why but there are certainly some goals he celebrates more than others. There were even some winners where he continued assessing and planning but other goals he definitively celebrates.

Sometimes, less is more. He has good manners and dignity. Celebrating that would’ve seemed like rubbing people’s faces in it and coarse — and in an indirect way, taken away from power of the moment? Just a guess. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Or

I would think some goals are more satisfying for him if they've been scored by executing his instructions or some element that they have focused on in training. He's such a technical guy. I love it!

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Or

“Well anticipated, good first touch, poor second touch, nice finish. We can work on that second touch.”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Or

I commented in the match thread at the time.

His reaction to that goal looked like an " It's his job " in Roy Keane voice. Lol

Â