Unai Emery

PeterSw

Until now, I don't think I've ever loved a manger more than a player. 

It's always been about a star player that has grabbed all the attention. 

But there is no single stand out player right now. 

That's all thanks to emery, who had created a team and connected that fans. 

• Like 4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is doing an absolutely amazing job - very exciting times. But let’s be neither hyperbolic nor small time. We’re Aston Villa - top 6 is where we belong. Any talk of statues or ‘God’ is premature. Fulham, Brighton, Brentford have all been up here - I’m not sure their supporters are talking about statues. We need to finish strong, consolidate over the summer and then cement our place pushing for a European spot season in season out - ideally with a domestic or European cup along the way. Then we can talk of statues. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Generally another level with this guy in charge.

The only really big disappointments since he took over have been the Stevenage debacle, and losing (and conceding four) to a very shit Leicester.

can't have it all though ;)

The Stevenage failure was probably good all things considered. Showed him what he had to work with.

• Like 1

Today was a huge banana skin on our current form and our recent history

Unai is just a hero and a humble one too that even if he is angry it doesnt make the media as he doesn't care for media games(probably why Sky were out to get him before)

• Like 3

What a man. Not content with the 3 points and clean sheet. He’s saying we need to be better. Imagine what this team will look like in 2 or 3 years once he’s hammered it into the shape he wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

The man is pure business. Love how he doesn’t try to mollycoddle the player he is bringing off as sub. Totally ignores them and gets on with the game😆

ruthless. In a good way

I also doubt he is a dick about it, probably explains in depth why on the Monday

Gerrard just tells them not showing enough passion

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

He is doing an absolutely amazing job - very exciting times. But let’s be neither hyperbolic nor small time. We’re Aston Villa - top 6 is where we belong. Any talk of statues or ‘God’ is premature. Fulham, Brighton, Brentford have all been up here - I’m not sure their supporters are talking about statues. We need to finish strong, consolidate over the summer and then cement our place pushing for a European spot season in season out - ideally with a domestic or European cup along the way. Then we can talk of statues. 

If Uani replaces Dean I doubt the love in would be this pronounced. Steven was just that bad. Like Bruce but without the results. Given the resources available, he is easily the worst manager we have had since the Lerner acquisition. 

• Like 2

Love him but one thing that stands out for me is he’s doing this without his own players.

Imagine how good he and we are going to be when we have bought ‘his’ players and they’ll be better than those playing now.

happy days ahead 😎

13 minutes ago, burchy said:

Love him but one thing that stands out for me is he’s doing this without his own players.

Imagine how good he and we are going to be when we have bought ‘his’ players and they’ll be better than those playing now.

happy days ahead 😎

It's not like Gerrard put any stamp on this squad. In the end even Smith struggled with an identity once JG left. No, these are definitely Emery's players now, lock stock and barrel. He's not going to go replacing the squad either. If anything he's just going to enhance it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, burchy said:

happy days ahead 😎

in reality, i dont think he could do much better with a team of his choosing.

Granted he will improve the team and make us more consistent in the way he wants us to play (hopefully), but to improve on his league form right now is unlikely.

for example, he is averaging 2.33 PPG in the league since he joined, thats an 89 point season.......

Not saying we wont do well next season, but to expect us to maintain a 2.33 PPG avg is highly unprobable?

maybe not.......but it seems we are just having one heck of a run right now, 2.33 PPG avg. is total madness, but hopefully we can be close to that next season?, who knows.

not trying to be a debbie downer, just saying that maintaining 2.33 PPG avg is just.....unlikely?

Edited by MaVilla

On 06/04/2023 at 18:50, TRO said:

I have a sense of humour as good as the next mans.....but I squirm, when I hear folk taking the piss, out of his speech.

We all know, what he means in his interviews and he is getting better.....I just wish some folk could find a better topic/source of humour, as I simply don't find it funny.

I can understand opposition supporters, using it as a wind up........but not our fans ,please.

It is annoying though. When I give a detailed explanation of a game in spanish I always do it in a flawless accent that even a Spaniard would find it hard to detect a foreigner. 

I lie. All I can say is "the bill please" and "thank you" and I probably sound brain damaged to the Spanish then. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Love the thanking of the fans he always does in interviews. Not his style to go round applauding after games, no worries. Never lets an interview go by without saying thanks to the fans, we're doing this together.

Love it. Compare it to Gerrard obsessed with talking about himself or staring down the away end or running over to his mates for a post-match interview. 

4 hours ago, AV82 said:

If (big if) we do have a downturn in form do not forget what this guy achieved in 6 months.

I was just thinking if he stays years and builds a legacy we must never be like Arsenal fans hounding Wenger out. How could they do that? 

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Love the thanking of the fans he always does in interviews. Not his style to go round applauding after games, no worries. Never lets an interview go by without saying thanks to the fans, we're doing this together.

After his first game, when we beat Man U at Villa Park, some were surprised when Unai went straight down the tunnel. That’s his style - let the players celebrate with the fans, he’s got work to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

After his first game, when we beat Man U at Villa Park, some were surprised when Unai went straight down the tunnel. That’s his style - let the players celebrate with the fans, he’s got work to do.

I much prefer it that way, because when we have a dip in form, it looks a bit stupid, applauding the fans, when they are in no mood to be applauded.

I like the way he does it.

I also believe, they have to stay that bit aloof too.....I like it that way.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

What a man. Not content with the 3 points and clean sheet. He’s saying we need to be better. Imagine what this team will look like in 2 or 3 years once he’s hammered it into the shape he wants.

Yeah, loved the MOTD interview. From body language  you'd  have said he was he the losing manager, not Cooper. Means business

Â