Unai Emery

PeterSw

He's doing a great job and it shows with our points tally since he took over.

He has got us playing as a team again and you can tell all the players are invested in his way of playing.

Looking forward to the rest of the season but even more so for next season with the right additions were going places

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of that intricate stuff we played through the lines was very good. It was purposeful. Stuff like that is rehearsed. You don’t just overload an area or get into passing triangles by chance. Dare i say it too - looking more comfortable playing it out from the back. What separates him say from Smith is Emery has the nerve to stay true to his methods when it looks a bit hairy at times. Smith folded like a deck chair when we came under pressure and went long with it then. 

• Like 3

The difference between keen and vocal Emery on the touch line and Gerrard slouched in his seat is almost laughable. Gerrard was a boy pretender, a wannabe. Emery walks the walk, a legitimate manager and coach.

I genuinely think that in 30 years time the Holte will still be singing about what Unai did for the club. Wow. I’ve been envious of other fans and clubs over the years. I’ve never been this fired up to be a Villa fan. What a time to be alive!! I feel like I just loaded a new Football Manager save as Villa manager and downloaded the best tactics and training schedules…

I KNOW I AM, I’M SURE I AM, I’M UNAI TIL I DIE!

image.thumb.png.5fb7a33a3b0dc634f8ae99857f477ed4.png

•  
Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

The difference between keen and vocal Emery on the touch line and Gerrard slouched in his seat is almost laughable. Gerrard was a boy pretender, a wannabe. Emery walks the walk, a legitimate manager and coach.

Made me think of the difference in his two jobs in England.

In his first he had to follow Wenger, a club legend.

In his second job he followed Gerrard, that was just clueless in the job.

I think he could be become a club legend here if he stay around until he retires. 

13 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Can someone give me the lyrics to the Unai song that the away fans were singing today - so I can belt it out across Florida.  Many thanks. 

Starts out with "we've got super Unai Emery....."

Go back a couple of pages, they’re taking about it there. Someone gives the lyrics. 

• Like 1

I'm as excited and as confident in our future under Unai as anyone. The change to the club is pretty huge and we actually look like we have a plan for the first time since Grealish left.

That said, Unai's had 7 League games (W5,D1,L1) and effectively a pre-Season over the World Cup. A similar group of players also delivered similar under Gerrard (W4,D0,L3) in his first 7 games (which were all league games.) With the losses coming from City, Liverpool & Chelsea.

Genuinely, I think Unai is great. I love the guy already. But our squad is thin (2 keepers & no strikers on the bench), proven to be a bit mentally fragile and play City & Arsenal over next few weeks. 

Im probably not ready to start the fanfare just yet, we've got a plan and are having a nice bounce with him joining - but I'm looking at the next 4-5 games as where we start to see what we have, both in Unai and in the squad.

They've got a proper coach now, no excuses

33 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm as excited and as confident in our future under Unai as anyone. The change to the club is pretty huge and we actually look like we have a plan for the first time since Grealish left.

That said, Unai's had 7 League games (W5,D1,L1) and effectively a pre-Season over the World Cup. A similar group of players also delivered similar under Gerrard (W4,D0,L3) in his first 7 games (which were all league games.) With the losses coming from City, Liverpool & Chelsea.

Genuinely, I think Unai is great. I love the guy already. But our squad is thin (2 keepers & no strikers on the bench), proven to be a bit mentally fragile and play City & Arsenal over next few weeks. 

Im probably not ready to start the fanfare just yet, we've got a plan and are having a nice bounce with him joining - but I'm looking at the next 4-5 games as where we start to see what we have, both in Unai and in the squad.

Great, balanced take on things. 

Let's hope this isn't a new manager bounce and the new norm for the club. 

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think there’s a world of difference between Gerrard’s start and Emery’s.

Even under Gerrard’s new manager bounce era, it was more classically an effort game. Took the points against Brighton at home, Everton away, Palace away, Leicester home, and Norwich away then had a genuinely good spell with Leeds, Southampton, Brighton but all awful afterwards.  Even then - the game looked largely the same each time. Keep it tight, use “moments of brilliance” to get a goal  

Compare that to United, Brighton (the better version this year), Spurs, Leeds, Soton and not just that we won but the way we won - with variety and different game plans. 

Maybe it’ll all go tits up under Emery but we’re seeing a Villa coached and playing far different than anything in probably 25+ years

• Like 1

This does not feel like a new manager bounce at all.  We’ve had some false dawns for sure, especially in my time supporting the club but this already seems different.  You can clearly see an initial game plan and then tactical changes throughout the game.

I’ve already read some post match comments online from non Villa supporters saying that we’re boring and negative.  Honestly, I don’t care.  We could go a goal up in the first minutes, then try and defend for the rest of the game. Ultimately, it’s a results business. Wining is wining.  It’s finally nice to be competitive in every game and take the points.

I’m pretty sure once Emery gets his players, which could be going into next season, we’ll see some more expansive and exciting performances. For now, I’m just happy to win games and see us rise up the table again. It’s been a long time. 

• Like 4

Â