Unai Emery

PeterSw

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Luiz is fine. McGinn can obviously go but I don't think it's fair to lump Konsa, Watkins and Mings in with him.

I'd just change the spine of the team to change the culture. We haven't got tough winners anywhere. Failure is fine and acceptable. 

Let's just get rid of them all over nest two years and spend on new players. New culture something Emery can own himself 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

You’d hope from tonight he won’t ever play olsen again, won’t ever start McGinn and hopefully ships both out in January 

No one will put in a bid for them after today...

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd just change the spine of the team to change the culture. We haven't got tough winners anywhere. Failure is fine and acceptable. 

Let's just get rid of them all over nest two years and spend on new players. New culture something Emery can own himself 

How about we get rid of the ones that need to go and keep players that are obviously good enough (e.g. Luiz) instead of throwing them all out?

• Like 2

We have to remember who these players are. 4-0 win against Brentford and then give up totally and get hammered 4-0 to Newcastle. Win 3-1 (with 0.46 xG) against United an then throw away 2-1 lead to lose 4-2 next game.

This team are in the dictionary beside the word spineless coward. Emery needs to be 100% backed to ger rid of at least 60% of the regular first team. He needs backing by NS

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We have to remember who these players are. 4-0 win against Brentford and then give up totally and get hammered 4-0 to Newcastle. Win 3-1 (with 0.46 xG) against United an then throw away 2-1 lead to lose 4-2 next game.

This team are in the dictionary beside the word spineless coward. Emery needs to be 100% backed to ger rid of at least 60% of the regular first team. He needs backing by NS

Ok but there were a number of differences in personnel between this team and the one that beat United 3-1.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way I suppose.

Really wish he would experiment in the league rather.

Really want to see us win a trophy.

I can see the thought behind it but our league position is still on the precarious side. 

Will need every point we can muster. We can always play in the cup next year but can’t say the same if relegated or close to any of the europe spots. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way I suppose.

Really wish he would experiment in the league rather.

Really want to see us win a trophy.

if we went into this game 9th in the league i'd agree with you

but we're not out of the woods yet

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he needed to have a look at certain players. he needs to know who he can count on if/when he needs to and who he can't. he had a game that ultimately didn't matter in order to do so and personally i don't mind it

he'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that no one has given him a selection headache for sunday and he can spend the WC break working out what we need from the market

I’m not trying to call people out but I’m genuinely curious about why some people think that game didn’t matter. City and liverpool just got drawn in the next round. We had a great chance to win that cup. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Missed it, what’s he said?

Emery really speaks well about what he see's, technically and so on, great listen.

Apologies for the good ebening bulls***, couldnt find another vid of the interview right now.

Edited by MaVilla

It's a breath of fresh air to hear intelligent match analysis after a game from Unai instead of useless tropes such as "we were missing a moment of magic" or "we dust ourselves down and go again"

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Not an unproductive night. Emery didn’t do much wrong in terms of chasing the game and subs, it just didn’t pan out. A good game to learn more about your squad. 

On the plus side, at least he knows McGinn and Olsen are done here I imagine and he can work on weaknesses in the others who have question marks over their heads but are still capable. 

There are a couple I think he will cut ties with and few he will have identified that he needs to work with to improve. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

As much as we all want a cup run, this isn’t the season for it, that’s Gerrard’s doing. Emery needed to learn about the players he has, but also be mindful of wanting the 3 points on the weekend against Brighton.

Yep. I have no doubts he has a fairly good idea on who he can rely on and who can’t after today. The club need to be ruthless now, likes of Mcginn etc just aren’t good enough anymore. 

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Emery really speaks well about what he see's, technically and so on, great listen.

Apologies for the good ebening bulls***, couldnt find another vid of the interview right now.

I actually don't mind the "good ebening", I find it funny, 'cause it's not true. You can't win it, just laugh it off.

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Not an unproductive night. Emery didn’t do much wrong in terms of chasing the game and subs, it just didn’t pan out. A good game to learn more about your squad. 

On the plus side, at least he knows McGinn and Olsen are done here I imagine and he can work on weaknesses in the others who have question marks over their heads but are still capable. 

There are a couple I think he will cut ties with and few he will have identified that he needs to work with to improve. 

I think he did many things wrong. But that's ok. You learn from your mistakes, much more than when you get things right. It was a productive game for Unai.

I’m gutted but I can’t blame Emery too much for putting his faith in the second string in a league cup game at this stage of his tenure. He’s only been here 5 minutes and he needs to see these players in action to learn about the squad and improve us. I’m sure he was surprised as the rest of us that our club captain and reserve goalie appear to be utterly hopeless.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Like 2

Â