Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Just woke up.

I'm almost as excited about this manager as when when hired Graham Turner.

I was just about to say lazy bugger then realised you are in the States.

Glorious day to wake up after months of misery!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I disagree with the comments suggesting that he doesn't have an identity.

I posted the below in the tactics thread.  Emery uses a range of formations but they all fit within a philosophy of how the team plays together as a unit.  His teams play a high line, are compact and purposeful. 

I also shared a link to this video of him explaining how Sevilla tactically defeated Liverpool.  The guy is a tactical master.

I wonder if he'll try Dougie in the Banega role.

6 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Can I check, is there any Villa fan that is not happy with this?! It may be one of the first decisions that everyone agrees with!

Feels like it is the final piece in the puzzle. We saw on Sunday that actually the players have been underperforming before and this is already a top 10 team, maybe higher. He isn't coming here to make up numbers or dwell mid table, he is here to win trophies. Absolutely love it. 

im super not happy....at all.

yeah, nah, im ecstatic 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I disagree with the comments suggesting that he doesn't have an identity.

I posted the below in the tactics thread.  Emery uses a range of formations but they all fit within a philosophy of how the team plays together as a unit.  His teams play a high line, are compact and purposeful. 

I also shared a link to this video of him explaining how Sevilla tactically defeated Liverpool.  The guy is a tactical master.

Indeed, identity is so much more than just a mentality and formation. It principles, enabling certain patterns instilling an ethics in all you du, no matter the details. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Already been linked with elite players like pau torres an d danjuma. Torres is a step up from mings and konsa.

Danjuma is a step up form watkins.

If this is the level of signings we can expect its going to be very exciting

I can't imagine Villarreal will be in a rush to deal with us after we've swiped their manager. 

It generally doesn't occur in the modern game anymore, a coach departing and taking a whole raft of players with him from his former club. 

But he will know Villareal's intended transfer targets and the Spanish market (where there's usually a lot more value in terms of fees and wages). So there is that. 

Â