Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Feel like the venn diagram of people saying we need Premier League experience and people who were hounding out anyone suggesting going for Potter a few months back would have significant cross-over. 

I also imagine they'd be against Frank. 

The way some people's minds work is interesting. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Feel like the venn diagram of people saying we need Premier League experience and people who were hounding out anyone suggesting going for Potter a few months back would have significant cross-over. 

I also imagine they'd be against Frank. 

The way some people's minds work is interesting. 

Thing is, people's minds are mostly focused on deceiving them into thinking they aren't making decisions based on their emotions, when in fact they are doing just that. 

• Like 3

It's impossible when bringing in a new manager. There is no sure-fire recipe for success. The best managers don't want to come here.

Successful managers in the Prem in the past would not be deemed suitable. (Pardew, Dyche, Bruce, Martinez, Rodgers).

Unsuccessful managers would be deemed good (Silva, Emery, Parker).

Some experienced foreign coaches are looked at with scepticism 

Some managers with experience abroad are deemed good (Gallardo, Amorim, Knutsen)

I just think at the end of the day, like any job, you need to bring in someone who will do a good job in the role but they also need to fit in well with all the current staff they'll be working with if you want it to go well. Hopefully the recruitment has been good enough to bring in players of a good character and of a character that is cohesive, and the manager needs to not jar that in any way I think. 

Sure fire successes (or as close as you'd get) like Tuchel and Pochettino are way above us so it's a throw a busload of money and the kitchen sink at them or someone similar. OR accept the risk and choose someone the mitigates as much of it as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I have a suspicion it’ll end up being Pochettino. Not sure why. Mentioned from the start and faded to a whimper with only one or two mumbling as he might not be interested. 

It’s all very quiet. Suspiciously quiet. I would not be surprised to see him holding up the Villa shirt come the end of this. 

I think your in for disappointment if you think poch is coming. He is qiatibg for spurs job i think

Thats a tougher job than ours so if he thinks thats for him then leave him to it. Conte is a better manager than poch

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

It's impossible when bringing in a new manager. There is no sure-fire recipe for success. The best managers don't want to come here.

Successful managers in the Prem in the past would not be deemed suitable. (Pardew, Dyche, Bruce, Martinez, Rodgers).

Unsuccessful managers would be deemed good (Silva, Emery, Parker).

Some experienced foreign coaches are looked at with scepticism 

Some managers with experience abroad are deemed good (Gallardo, Amorim, Knutsen)

I just think at the end of the day, like any job, you need to bring in someone who will do a good job in the role but they also need to fit in well with all the current staff they'll be working with if you want it to go well. Hopefully the recruitment has been good enough to bring in players of a good character and of a character that is cohesive, and the manager needs to not jar that in any way I think. 

Sure fire successes (or as close as you'd get) like Tuchel and Pochettino are way above us so it's a throw a busload of money and the kitchen sink at them or someone similar. OR accept the risk and choose someone the mitigates as much of it as possible. 

Emery unsuccessful?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think your in for disappointment if you think poch is coming. He is qiatibg for spurs job i think

Thats a tougher job than ours so if he thinks thats for him then leave him to it. Conte is a better manager than poch

Why is he waiting for a job that treated him poorly last time? It doesnt make sense

Just now, Zatman said:

Why is he waiting for a job that treated him poorly last time? It doesnt make sense

I agree. But i think he will go back there.

They spoke to him before conte became available and i believe psg wouldnt release him at the time

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t think he’ll be waiting that long for the Spurs job either.

At the post-match presser yesterday Thomas Frank was apparently careful not to rule himself out of the Villa job. That's a bit worrying if you ask me, there are better candidates imo.

"The Brentford head coach, one of several names believed to be under consideration by the Villa board after Steven Gerrard’s dismissal on Thursday, repeated he is happy in west London but chose his words carefully."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/23/thomas-frank-stops-short-of-ruling-himself-out-of-aston-villa-vacancy

Just now, duke313 said:

If it’s supposedly a done deal, why are we waiting so long to announce? Surely that means manager is in another job?

Probably managers team is playing midweek

Interesting Amorim price has gone down to 10 million according reports

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably managers team is playing midweek

Interesting Amorim price has gone down to 10 million according reports

If it was Poch, it could just have been announced yesterday. The fact they’re waiting tells me he’s in another job. So from the list of top candidates it’s possibly Amorim or Emery.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

At the post-match presser yesterday Thomas Frank was apparently careful not to rule himself out of the Villa job. That's a bit worrying if you ask me, there are better candidates imo.

"The Brentford head coach, one of several names believed to be under consideration by the Villa board after Steven Gerrard’s dismissal on Thursday, repeated he is happy in west London but chose his words carefully."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/23/thomas-frank-stops-short-of-ruling-himself-out-of-aston-villa-vacancy

Honestly, a mole out of a molehill. I don't think the quote is him 'chose his words carefully' in order to not rule himself out. It's just him being media trained and saying what most people say.