Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

5 trophies in 3 years. Real Lack of experience in winning for me too.  Lets get Dyche! 

Unbeaten for a whole season ........premier League experience is a requirement. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That one of our players who’s only good enough to play reserve football currently, was one of the best right backs in Ligue 1 last season.  Should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the league.

Or the pure incompetence and bloody mindedness of gerrard not to even try him, especially considering the injuries. A better option than konsa at right back for sure 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Unbeaten for a whole season ........premier League experience is a requirement. 

Not really. Top level experience important. The question is how good is the Portuguese league? Pretty much a 3 horse race every season so risky as hell.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

So which one of you Sean Dyche and Top 5 UEFA coefficient league fan boys are going to tell the Manchester fans at RedCafe forum that they've made a massive mistake by appointing Erik ten Hag who's not managed in the top 5 leagues league, not managed in the PL before, and only got experience of managing in the last 4 seasons ?

• Like 3

I might be slightly biased but Villa is a fantastic opportunity for someone. Huge club with mega wealthy ambitious owners. Would inherit an under achieving squad that is good enough for mid table. Assuming someone comes in the next week they play 3 league games then get a 6 week mid season training break then after that it is only a couple of games and the transfer window opens where they'll almost certainly have a big transfer kitty. If I was Poch I'd be Pming Eden's, Sawiris and Purslow every hour begging for the job. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Or about the judgment of our managers?  But, in any case, players perform differently in different environments.  Ligue 1 is obviously not as strong as the Premier League but having Guilbert do well there doesn't mean it's shit.

Right but the original argument was the quality of the French league compared to Portuguese league. Take PSG out, and Lyon, Monaco and Marseille are no better than Benfica, Porto and Sporting.

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Search filter:
Proven Premier league experience. Not British.

I don't like to think of things through a national filter like that, personally. Maybe I'm too much of an anglophile. I don't know. I'll be gutted if we settle for Amorim or Dyche, but it's not b/c Dyche is British, it's because he's boring. And Amorim is actually pretty boring, too. Either would signal for me that we genuinely aren't putting into action all that "Global Villa" rhetoric, and it's all just a branding and corporate makeover, not a serious effort to improve the club. 

I find it pretty degrading that people like Rodgers, Dyche, and flavor of the month neophytes are even seriously under discussion. How far we've fallen since last year. When will we reach high? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nor really. Top level experience important. The question is how good is the Portuguese league? Pretty much a 3 horse race every signing so risky as hell.

Agree 100% Didnt Gerrard go unbeaten at Rangers? Anyways he had a very good record. The PL is simply a very different league. We would be rolling the dice massively to hire another manager who was new to our league.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't like to think of things through a national filter like that, personally. Maybe I'm too much of an anglophile. I don't know. I'll be gutted if we settle for Amorim or Dyche, but it's not b/c Dyche is British, it's because he's boring. And Amorim is actually pretty boring, too. Either would signal for me that we genuinely aren't putting into action all that "Global Villa" rhetoric, and it's all just a branding and corporate makeover, not a serious effort to improve the club. 

oh uh did you just mentioned Amorim and Dyche in one sentence? big mistake ombre

Messi go get this bastard!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

oh uh did you just mentioned Amorim and Dyche in one sentence? big mistake ombre

Not to dude you, but DUDE -- there are some real similarities. One is a lot more handsome, for sure, but they both like to sit deep and aren't known for their sparkling offenses.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I am British , I confess I am bigoted against the current crop of British managers. Sadly I think our British  coaches are of far lower quality than British players.

but sure if there was a modern day clough or Ferguson i woudl be all over it. I just dont see such a figure right now. If we had to have a british manager then dean Smith is the best candidate. As middling/ decent as Howe / Dyche but knows the club and players. I think Deano would be a step backwards mind.

4 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I wish I could give you two reactions. Man this is brilliant.

Edited by HKP90
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I might be slightly biased but Villa is a fantastic opportunity for someone. Huge club with mega wealthy ambitious owners. Would inherit an under achieving squad that is good enough for mid table. Assuming someone comes in the next week they play 3 league games then get a 6 week mid season training break then after that it is only a couple of games and the transfer window opens where they'll almost certainly have a big transfer kitty. If I was Poch I'd be Pming Eden's, Sawiris and Purslow every hour begging for the job. 

It's also a graveyard shift for managers.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

The Mixer by Michael Cox is a pretty good account of how Ferguson evolved United from playing route 1 ‘English’ brand of football and being hammered in Europe in the early to mid 1990s,  and turned them into European Champions. Ferguson definitely knew what he was at in terms of tactics and style.

Yeah, they were never especially route one but the good European teams just waited for them to lose the ball trying to be all out attack and direct, then they patiently knocked it about till they found a hole and scored. After a while united we're way less generous with possession in Europe, when they bought Veron (maybe the last foot on the ball regista in Europe?) I thought it could have been genius, the only times Ferguson played him in his natural role was in the Champions League and it was beautiful. Otherwise he stuck him wide left, total **** waste.

Will have a look for the mixer.

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am British , I confess I am bigoted against the current crop of British managers.

From my experience in Britain, that's a very British thing to say. Your most intelligent ones all hate themselves -- it's congenital. (Maybe I'm the bigot here lol.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree 100% Didnt Gerrard go unbeaten at Rangers? Anyways he had a very good record. The PL is simply a very different league. We would be rolling the dice massively to hire another manager who was new to our league.

The top clubs appoint managers without Prem experience all the time. Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mourinho, all were appointed by top clubs in the Prem without having worked in England before. Why can they do it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1