Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Chine said:

I’ve also thought about this , we just can’t seem to get anything right as a club , Haaland and Foden would be slow , lazy , can’t link up with the others 

Dunno, we got Gresford right.

8 minutes ago, WHY said:

Whoever the new manager is he won’t be here long given how highly some of our fans rate our players. He will have us in the top 8 in no time and will be off to a CL club!

Good one! To be 8th right now we’d have to have beaten *checks notes* Fulham and Bournemouth, so obviously it is totally out of reach with this motley collection of international players.

• Like 3

Thing is that we don't actually need some elite superstar genius of a manager to take iver

With the squad, fanbase, training facilities and owners we have any moderately competent professional manager would be able to improve us. Unfortunately for us we haven't had that with Gerrard who really did not possess those basic traits

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thing is that we don't actually need some elite superstar genius of a manager to take iver

With the squad, fanbase, training facilities and owners we have any moderately competent professional manager would be able to improve us. Unfortunately for us we haven't had that with Gerrard who really did not possess those basic traits

Dwight Yorke - Wikipedia

• Haha 1

I'm bored of the same names being thrown about so let me throw another name into the fold for fun... 

Hansi Flick

We have an interim coach until after the World Cup - he has expressed he would always go back to club footy. Germany bows out and he decides he wants back in to club like Villa who can provide him funds, but overall still wanting to show he's a top tier manager, and what better league to prove it in - The Prem. 

Ok before everyone goes crazy on me - I'm only having fun lol. 

I'm not a fan of Bielsa so I'm hoping it isn't him. My personal choice would be Pochettino. He did a great job at Southampton and he'd probably be a decent fit for us. However, I think we missed a trick to get some feelgood factor back by failing to sack Gerrard earlier and bring in Potter, another Villa fan. 

Just now, trillvillan said:

I'm bored of the same names being thrown about so let me throw another name into the fold for fun... 

Hansi Flick

We have an interim coach until after the World Cup - he has expressed he would always go back to club footy. Germany bows out and he decides he wants back in to club like Villa who can provide him funds, but overall still wanting to show he's a top tier manager, and what better league to prove it in - The Prem. 

Fook that!  JOE KINNEAR!!!  Imagine how awesome the pressers would be!!!

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

Hansi Flick

Do you mean Herr Flick? No thanks. We've had enough of the Gestapo-type management under Stevie G, thanks! 

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm not a fan of Bielsa so I'm hoping it isn't him. My personal choice would be Pochettino. He did a great job at Southampton and he'd probably be a decent fit for us. However, I think we missed a trick to get some feelgood factor back by failing to sack Gerrard earlier and bring in Potter, another Villa fan. 

He's not a Villa fan though.

I'm actually ambivalent toward Gerrard. I don't harbour any ill will. I think he tried his best for us, but he had to go. His lack of experience repeatedly told tactically. The job was too big for him. That's not his fault, who wouldn't take it if offered, but I think he would have been much better off learning his trade in a lower league. Now I don't see who would take a risk on him. Shame really. 

Next appointment is absolutely crucial, though. Has to be experienced, and with a good coaching pedigree. These players are going to need a lot of coaching in the short term to get them back to their potential, and we need a formal playing style. It's a big job, and there won't be an immediate impact. It needs a name we can all get behind and give plenty of time because we trust in their capabilities. It needs Poch, or Emery.

Can we get them? No idea, but I think we'll struggle if I'm honest.