Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

When it comes to getting a new manager, we really need to punch above our weight in order to reach the level we are aiming for.

We must aim high.

Or we will just wallow mid table.

We need to start acting like the big club we say we are . It’s all there ready to go, just need that special type of manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

When it comes to getting a new manager, we really need to punch above our weight in order to reach the level we are aiming for.

We must aim high.

Or we will just wallow mid table.

I'd be over the moon with mid table right now considering the position we find ourselves in. 

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Only demand he will put on the owners is his salary. 

Only reason he'd take a relegation battling team. 

I doubt that.  Holding our for an extra £1m on your annual salary is pretty irrelevant if that team gets relegated and you basically destroy any chance you have of signing for a big team again.  Even £5m extra in salary is unlikely to persuade him that is a risk worth taking.  If he has any sense he would be looking to make sure that he has everything he can to get us out of the relegation battle and as high up the league as possible.  Then he can show another success on his CV and add to his future earning potential.  At the moment Poch would fancy his chances of getting a job with a team regularly competing in Europe - his reputation definitely points to that.  He'd be crazy to risk that for 6 months salary. 

Hopefully, if the conversations have really been going on as long as some seem to be suggesting he will have been saying that he needs the funds to sign another midfielder and a striker (and hopefully given the Board some names) and that should be enough to turn our performances around.  If the Board can show him that they can sign those players (or similar) then I think he has a pretty loaded deck in his favour in terms of propelling us up the league.  If they can't then why risk the rest of your career on a 6 - 12 month stint at Villa relying on the current players remembering how to kick a ball to each other and how to put it in the back of the net.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allani said:

I doubt that.  Holding our for an extra £1m on your annual salary is pretty irrelevant if that team gets relegated and you basically destroy any chance you have of signing for a big team again.  Even £5m extra in salary is unlikely to persuade him that is a risk worth taking.  If he has any sense he would be looking to make sure that he has everything he can to get us out of the relegation battle and as high up the league as possible.  Then he can show another success on his CV and add to his future earning potential.  At the moment Poch would fancy his chances of getting a job with a team regularly competing in Europe - his reputation definitely points to that.  He'd be crazy to risk that for 6 months salary. 

Hopefully, if the conversations have really been going on as long as some seem to be suggesting he will have been saying that he needs the funds to sign another midfielder and a striker (and hopefully given the Board some names) and that should be enough to turn our performances around.  If the Board can show him that they can sign those players (or similar) then I think he has a pretty loaded deck in his favour in terms of propelling us up the league.  If they can't then why risk the rest of your career on a 6 - 12 month stint at Villa relying on the current players remembering how to kick a ball to each other and how to put it in the back of the net.

100% this.  Unless we can convince someone like Poch that he'll be given the resources to turn us into a side competing for Europe, he won't even entertain the idea when he can just take over a team already in Europe.

He needs the backing from NSWE to upgrade the team.  As good a manager as he is, he isn't suddenly going to turn Watkins into prime Harry Kane. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, allani said:

Yeah, who was the last manager that went onto a bigger job, its not happened in resent memory. Most of the managers we have had have not really gone onto much else (some could argue that was the caliber of the manager) We do seem to suck the life out of managers, Lambert was an up and coming manager, he aged 20 years managing us! 

But Poch wont risk his reputation coming here, we need a striker that knows where the goal is but for that we need a good sum spending in the Jan window, which is a basket case for signing players!

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

If you think he’s going to say anything publicly about managerial changes I have a bridge to sell you. It would be an employment lawyer’s dream. 

Well, that was kind of my whole point, He's saying one thing and doing another.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

100% this.  Unless we can convince someone like Poch that he'll be given the resources to turn us into a side competing for Europe, he won't even entertain the idea when he can just take over a team already in Europe.

He needs the backing from NSWE to upgrade the team.  As good a manager as he is, he isn't suddenly going to turn Watkins into prime Harry Kane. 

And a 100% agree in return too!  I am sure that we're still enough of a "name" for Poch to at least raise his eyebrows over in terms of apparent interest.  I think he'd look at our squad and think to himself that there's a decent group of players there that he could do something with.  However, I think he'd also know (or have found out after watching some highlights / live matches) that we have some obvious weaknesses in the core spine of the team.  Two players could / would make a huge difference to the balance of our team and would also allow some of the other players who maybe haven't been performing a chance to up their games too.  Get them in and there is a real chance of him getting us back to mid-table / beyond - which would look great on his CV.  Couple more tweaks in the summer and he'd have the chance to do the unthinkable and get a sleeping giant back into the European battle.  It's a gamble but the difference between 8th and 16th at the moment seems to be pretty small.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Dyche: 16-1

You really could see Villa do this to us! 

spacer.png

Dyche is a better option than Wilder and Parker at 20/1 though they could be the boxers and not the managers

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard didn't do any wonders at Rangers. Beale did. 

The Gerrard project officially ended the day Beale went to QPR. 

I totally agree ! Beale was the brains all along.

Gerrard was just the front man that the press loved.