Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

This quote from the article is worth noting: "Villa would almost certainly be prepared to wait for Pochettino if he unexpectedly showed any interest in the job but did not want to make an immediate commitment." For everyone who is wondering why they haven't pulled the trigger yet, have some patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

I think Dean was a far better coach for us than MON. 

MoN inherited a club in a better place, and signed some decent players and a huge amount of dross, could've should've is where I'd put him (never hit the target, breaking the top 4), also was a tbrowback who's time was running out in terms of approach from day 1 at the club.

Prior to Dean; Gregory, Little, Atkinson were all decent for us! 

Possibly. But he didn't really deliver the same sort of high as MON did, and it felt a bit like we fell apart when he left. He did get some really shit lads to play well. 😅

But yeah, I mainly checked results during Smith's PL years, not so many games so I am on thin ice judging him.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

This quote from the article is worth noting: "Villa would almost certainly be prepared to wait for Pochettino if he unexpectedly showed any interest in the job but did not want to make an immediate commitment." For everyone who is wondering why they haven't pulled the trigger yet, have some patience.

The danger with this is he dangles the carrot in front of us, then takes another job after walking us down the garden path.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but who else comes close?

I'm not sure mate, it was a question for all...

Surely MON, given his record of actually winning things (the usual caveats) was of (at that time) greater pedigree? Maybe Ron Atkinson too? There must be others....

2 hours ago, Swerbs said:

Interesting that Nassef Sawiris is leading the process. 

I'm not too surprised. They probably don't want to trust Purslow after last time, and Sawiris (Egyptian, football is huge there) probably knows more about the game than Edens (basketball guy).

30 minutes ago, Dale said:

I think Dean was a far better coach for us than MON. 

MoN inherited a club in a better place, and signed some decent players and a huge amount of dross, could've should've is where I'd put him (never hit the target, breaking the top 4), also was a tbrowback who's time was running out in terms of approach from day 1 at the club.

Prior to Dean; Gregory, Little, Atkinson were all decent for us! 

I don't think it's a coincidence MON future management was failure after Robertson retired

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdistheword said:

FWIW Shaun Custis on TalkSPORT was just asked if it was rubbish and he said his papers sources have heard the same. Think he’s the sun so maybe not worth noting 🤣

Wasn't that before he and Danny Murphy fell about laughing at the prospect of Pochettino going from managing Messi to managing Watkins and Ings?

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we gave to wait, fine, but does a point from fulham and a point from brentford suddenly make the owners u turn and stick with SG?

Get rid now, let critchley take it until poch is ready

Your watching Critchley football at the moment, Gerrard don't really coach.