Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

18 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think you may be correct. The appointment would surely have been done by now if he had shown any interest in taking our job. He will have his eyes on a bigger job, with a greater chance of success.

We are all just guessing.

We have no idea if the club have been in contact with anybody.

We don’t know if anybody have turned us down.

We don’t know if Purslow is refusing to sack Gerrard, and he have put his job on the line to protect Gerrard.

We don’t know if the owners have given up on the club, and don’t care anymore.

All we have hopes and dreams, in the current dark times.

3 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

We are all just guessing.

We have no idea if the club have been in contact with anybody.

We don’t know if anybody have turned us down.

We don’t know if Purslow is refusing to sack Gerrard, and he have put his job on the line to protect Gerrard.

We don’t know if the owners have given up on the club, and don’t care anymore.

All we have hopes and dreams, in the current dark times.

On many fronts.

So stick with him because you’re worried that we won’t get a decent replacement? Madness.

He should be sacked. If the next appointment is just as bad then Purslow should go as well. To not sack Gerrard because of something that hasn’t happened lol, bloody hell. 

• Like 4

Poch

Tuchel 

Zidane 

Sampaoli 

Bielsa 

Just a handful of managers out of work at the moment all of whom I'm sure would at least use the players we have at our disposal correctly and play more advanced football.

3 of whom have already managed in England.

All big names in management ( Zidane not so much only due to his real success) all respected and all have achieved over a period of time and are not learning how to be a manager.

I'm sure there's several more who fir the category, no more up and coming managers for me please.

Sampaoli re-took the Sevilla job last week.

That's the problem when you procrastinate and give a poor manager endless chances, better ones will take other jobs when they become available. I think Marco Rose is someone we could've had a chance of taking if we'd sacked Gerrard in August but he's now at RB Leipzig.

Who knows why Poch hasn't returned yet but eventually he will. Tuchel will be waiting for a decent CL side so I don't see that one as realistic either.

Xabi Alonso at Leverkusen is another interesting one for a club that always develops up and coming players. Would've been a risk but that type would've been a better fit for us 12 months ago.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sampaoli re-took the Sevilla job last week.

That's the problem when you procrastinate and give a poor manager endless chances, better ones will take other jobs when they become available. I think Marco Rose is someone we could've had a chance of taking if we'd sacked Gerrard in August but he's now at RB Leipzig.

Who knows why Poch hasn't returned yet but eventually he will. Tuchel will be waiting for a decent CL side so I don't see that one as realistic either.

Xabi Alonso at Leverkusen is another interesting one for a club that always develops up and coming players. Would've been a risk but that type would've been a better fit for us 12 months ago.

Tuchel turned down Leverkusen but is bizarrely linked now to Stuttgart

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Inter Milan is good bet if they lose to Barca and drop into europa. Lukaku would enjoy that!

They only need a draw tonight to really go through

If they sack Inzaghi we should be all over him. He is a very good manager

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They only need a draw tonight to really go through

If they sack Inzaghi we should be all over him. He is a very good manager

I loved watching his Lazio teams. Would know how to get the best out of Milinkovic-Savic. 😉

• Like 2

I think that the lack of any obvious candidate is keeping Gerrard in a job at the moment.

The board aren't daft, you'd like to think that they're not happy with the dross on display - surely?

Most seem to think that he's either getting the sack this week or we're sticking with him for the foreseeable. 

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle - we're on the lookout for a replacement while reluctantly letting Gerrard pick up scrappy results here and there...

Who knows. I just hope we have someone new in place soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Did wonders with the scummy blue noses (Lazio)

They would have won the league except for Covid breaking the season up. 

He was able to fit in Milinkovic-Savic, Correa and Alberto into the same team and still compete at the top so would have no problem with Buendia and Coutinho 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

think that the lack of any obvious candidate is keeping Gerrard in a job at the moment.

Doris the tea lady is a candidate compared to Gerrard!

There are a shed load of managers that are out of work that would improve us.

Hopefully they are just doing the paperwork as we speak.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

I think that the lack of any obvious candidate is keeping Gerrard in a job at the moment.

The following are available and an onbvious upgrade on the trainee. Sven Goran Eriksson, Dyche, Big Sam, Alan Pardew, the actor who played Ted Lasso, Mike Bassett, Mike Bassett assisstant manager that was a used car salesman, some of the cast of Dream Team and some Football Manager Youtubers

We really should not hire most of these candidates

• Like 1
  • Haha 2