Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 hours ago, trillvillan said:

No chance with the likes of Hansi Flick and Zidane. I reckon Flick goes to Madrid after Ancelotti finally calls it quits. 

Poch is a stretch even at that. But probably the most likely as Marco Rose and especially Gallardo are way to inexperienced for us. 

Flick is wanted until 2024 on home soil thats Germany next tournament goal, they dont really see themselves winning this World Cup and not a big interest in it considering the location

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I feel like the most immediate fix would be Potter. 

It wouldn't be immediate as Brighton would fight like anything for him to stay, and that is providing Potter actually wants to come here.

I am fairly certain the next manager will be someone currently unemployed, as we spent a fortune bringing in Gerrard and his dream team from Rangers less than a year ago.

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I know this might sound hypocritical, but sacking Parker after 4 games is ridiculous. Unlike Gerrard, his form across two seasons has been good. 9-0 is never a good look but sometimes it happens... Like Hasenhuttl at Southampton. That said, I don't want Parker to be considered for our next manager 😏

The difference  with the Gerrard situation  is that it's not just 4 games, it's  a longer run of poor form and underwhelming performances. First it was that it would  take time to fix the things at the club that needed fixing and to get the players used to tactics, then it was that a full pre season  would see us up and running. But the truth is that the tactics are garbage and we're falling behind even mid table rivals. 

Changing a manager is painful and to be avoided, but unless there's  an immediate and dramatic improvement,  I don't think he should stay. 

I admit I'm  clueless  about who the next manager should be, but Pochettino seems unrealistic 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Scott Parker gone, please no, hope he don't come on our list.

He won't be. Not Hollywood enough for Purslow.

I just have this niggling feeling that Gerrard gets til the world cup break then when it's over we unveil Roberto Martinez.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It wouldn't be immediate as Brighton would fight like anything for him to stay, and that is providing Potter actually wants to come here.

I am fairly certain the next manager will be someone currently unemployed, as we spent a fortune bringing in Gerrard and his dream team from Rangers less than a year ago.

Yes, I think if we go in for Potter they throw an unrealistic fee at us, and the only way we get him is if he resigns. But you’re probably right and would expedite our ability to move forward. 

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I just have this niggling feeling that Gerrard gets til the world cup break then when it's over we unveil Roberto Martinez.

Christ, I'm at disneyworld and that thought, even in this setting has depressed me. 

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Gerrard ain't lasting until the World Cup

Also a lifetime ban for anyone suggesting Scott Parker. Never heard such disgusting language.

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Christ, I'm at disneyworld and that thought, even in this setting has depressed me. 

I can hear Purslow now...

"Roberto we felt was the outstanding candidate, bringing with him vast experience and success having managed at the very high end of the premier league and the Belgian national team as well."

Owners will want a 'can't miss' person this time. No more projects or up-and-comers. I would be confident that they would have a big say in the next manager. I think Poch will be top of the list due to him being out of work, having Prem experience, being a big name, being quite successful in previous jobs, likes developing youth and even for the South American links. Wouldn't surprise me if they were already sounding him out

I have a feeling a lot of people on here are going to be disappointed with whatever manager replaces Gerrard.

It won’t be someone as shit as Parker, but also not someone as good as Pochettino.

I think we’ll probably end up with Rodgers, but wouldn’t be surprised if we went for someone like Sean Dyche.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I have a feeling a lot of people on here are going to be disappointed with whatever manager replaces Gerrard.

It won’t be someone as shit as Parker, but also not someone as good as Pochettino.

I think we’ll probably end up with Rodgers, but wouldn’t be surprised if we went for someone like Sean Dyche.

Tbf there’s a huge middle ground between Parker and Poch. I think we are mostly realistic and the board have enough bank to find the right name. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Purslow wants glamour and it doesn't get less glamorous than Dyche. It would also be a disaster, of course.