January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

No… what’s makes you say that? 

You've been flipflopping your views constantly, and your negative reaction to the post suggests you're of the view that we have no hope of signing anyone even though there is more than 2 days of the window left.

Just now, thabucks said:

Do you get any pleasure from being a Villa fan - is there not one positive ? Serious question and no offence intended by the constant doom & gloom … 

Lighten up for crying out loud. Do you think I’m being serious there?! 🤣🤣 

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You've been flipflopping your views constantly, and your negative reaction to the post suggests you're of the view that we have no hope of signing anyone even though there is more than 2 days of the window left.

I think we may, or may not sign someone… either on loan, or permanently. That’s my view. Everything else is #bants. 

Edited by Tayls

I cannot believe some are so desperate for a signing they would take the headless chicken that is Connor Gallagher.

I think Emery is not just looking for pace and energy but football intelligence and the ability to take on board instruction. Gallagher has worse positional sense than McGinn had.

I am fully bought into only signing players that improve us, if we cannot get them, keep our powder dry until the summer.

We have money, I just don’t think Unai wants to waste it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yunus Musah would be the perfect signing as can play a winger or a midfielder, and what's unique about him is that when he plays as a winger he looks like a winger not a midfielder playing on the wing, and when he plays in midfield he looks like a midfielder not a winger playing out of position, and could surely play in the half midfield half wing role that Emery sometimes has the likes of McGInn and Ramsey playing.

• Like 3

I was just reading about Musah who plays international football for the USA.

He has Ghanaian parents, grew up in Italy until age 9, then moved to England and represented England at all youth levels. The only link to the USA is he was born there while his mother was on holiday. You'd think he would feel more of a connection with one of the other three countries. I still can't understand this country-hopping stuff in international football.

Edited by I Make Pies

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

HH perfectly summarises where I am at right now here. I think we will land one or two, but if not we will have certainly tried to add quality. 

This thought process just doesn’t make that much sense to me… why wait? So many benefits with doing it sooner rather than later. If it’s a case of us trying desperately to bring these players to the club and they are saying no, why would they come in five months time? We might finish the season terribly now (we probably won’t) and we’ll look even less attractive than if we go for it and try to finish 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th.
I agree we don’t need squad fillers. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

A winger with 0 assists. For more money than we've ever spent on a player, I'll pass on that thanks.

He has three goals, one more in the prem than Jack Grealish, and he's been playing in a barely functional football team. He's clearly a good player—you can see that if you watch more than his stats. They didn't buy him by accident. And Chelsea didn't want him in the summer by accident either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Pop over to the Ramsey thread good sir, it’s all there. 

The fella there has clearly done some statistical gymnastics there to try and make Thiago look like the best midfielder in the league, but it doesn't match up with the actual statistics.

Declan Rice leads the league with 189 recoveries. Ramsey is back in tied 123rd place with 69 (nice). He's only 5th among Villa midfielders even.

7 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

The fella there has clearly done some statistical gymnastics there to try and make Thiago look like the best midfielder in the league, but it doesn't match up with the actual statistics.

Declan Rice leads the league with 189 recoveries. Ramsey is back in tied 123rd place with 69 (nice). He's only 5th among Villa midfielders even.

I shall never again doubt the Shaun Teales Moustache!

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This thought process just doesn’t make that much sense to me… why wait? So many benefits with doing it sooner rather than later. If it’s a case of us trying desperately to bring these players to the club and they are saying no, why would they come in five months time? We might finish the season terribly now (we probably won’t) and we’ll look even less attractive than if we go for it and try to finish 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th.
I agree we don’t need squad fillers. 

I think they would come in 5 months time because the selling club would have more time to replace the key player and a preseason to train them into the new system.  

• Thanks 1