January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

If we sign Kang-in (who is still 21) or another similarly aged player, are neglecting our transfer strategy? Or, is that reserved for players of a certain age? Hard to keep up 

I think signing kang-out would be a better option hes 29 and has plenty potential 🙃

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If we sign Kang-in (who is still 21) or another similarly aged player, are neglecting our transfer strategy? Or, is that reserved for players of a certain age? Hard to keep up 

Identifying a policy would be a good start. That might involve big backroom changes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Signing a 21 year old would be a radical change from the current policy, yes.

Since the summer of 2021 Villa have signed 13 players (including loans). 1 was under 25. Average age of signings just over 28 years.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Being a supporter of both Everton and Villa I think there are players in both squads that the manager’s would like to move on. It’s the same for even some of the top six so I believe it’s a little unfair to just mention Everton.

Ok, was just using them as an example as they are the worst.  Total mess up of buying players that didn’t fit

• Like 1

So 12 months later after we spend £25M on a left back with so much hype here we bloody are signing another for basically half that fee smh our recruitment is a shambles 🤦🏽‍♂️ Need to sell Digne for at least £20m 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So 12 months later after we spend £25M on a left back with so much hype here we bloody are signing another for basically half that fee smh our recruitment is a shambles 🤦🏽‍♂️ Need to sell Digne for at least £20m 

Nothing to do with our recruitment team. 

The problem is the turnover of managers. Gerrard wanted Digne who now doesn't fit Emery's system. Chelsea and Man Utd have been doing the same thing for years and years and years. Manager signs preferred player for their system, manager gets sacked, manager changes, system changes, new manager requires new players to fit new system. Repeat. 

I think we can all agree that Emery is the first coach we've had in over a decade who truly deserves a chance at bringing in his own players to suit his system though. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

if you believe the paper talk Everton sound quite desperate to get him , but we want £25m 

if we are offered that I think we'd take it  , personally I'd rather we kept the player and helped relegate Everton 

If we are offered £10m, and someone picks up his whole contract, we accept.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we are offered £10m, and someone picks up his whole contract, we accept.

We’d tell them to shove that, no way would we accept that.  Far more valuable to us than that.

• Like 1