January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Apparently, the release clause for Alberto Moleiro is €30m but will double to €60m if/when they get promoted.

Barca had a deal last summer for €10m plus €15m in addons, but they couldn't finance it.

Will be interesting to see if he goes for a similar amount, and if we would pay it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bring him in, give him a few months training here and then get him tearing up the championship on loan. 

It's encouraging that we are looking at these types of players from abroad.  Often seem we miss the boat on some young players.  Apart from Kamara, I can't think of the last time we signed a talented young player from abroad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It's encouraging that we are looking at these types of players from abroad.  Often seem we miss the boat on some young players.  Apart from Kamara, I can't think of the last time we signed a talented young player from abroad.

Benteke, Traore, Veretout, Amavi, Gueye, Bailey.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Apparently, the release clause for Alberto Moleiro is €30m but will double to €60m if/when they get promoted.

Barca had a deal last summer for €10m plus €15m in addons, but they couldn't finance it.

Will be interesting to see if he goes for a similar amount, and if we would pay it.

We all know we arent going to sign him, We've seen this many times before.
He will end up at Brighton, Man city, Chelsea or Benfica and go on to win the world cup and become a world class player whilst we stuck with 34 year old Coutinho

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Benteke, Traore, Veretout, Amavi, Gueye, Bailey.

Apart from Benteke, a load of duds from our relegation team.

Gueye was 26 and Bailey 24, and already well-established players with lots of senior appearances under their belts. I'm talking more in the 19-21 bracket.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Its never stopped Barcelona before 😛

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Always amused how some erase our excellent academy prospects and those out on loan to big up Brighton instead 

Josh Feeney just doesn’t sound as interesting as Moises caicedo unfortunately 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Problem with this is how we supposed to have faith when we have had youngsters raved about for the past 5 years apart from grealish that have completely gone ghost or been sold without hitting those levels with us, the louie barrys, brad youngs, kaine keslers… i could go on but they are unable to make that transition like the sakas and the fodens

Edited by RicRic

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Caicedo has also played in the World Cup and 20 or so Premier League games

They also had an 18 year old score in his last 2 games for them

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It's Gospel so. We're getting Moreno as a new LB. I am sure Emery is desperate for a right footed winger. Sarr fits the bill there as does Deloufou. 

Great to have JJ back for Sunday. He's such a key player for us. Such a good all rounder and people forget he has highest passing accuracy of any player at the club

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Problem with this is how we supposed to have faith when we have had youngsters raved about for the past 5 years apart from grealish that have completely gone ghost or been sold without hitting those levels with us, the louie barrys, brad youngs, kaine keslers… i could go on but they are unable to make that transition like the sakas and the fodens

You forgot Ramsay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Caicedo has also played in the World Cup and 20 or so Premier League games

They also had an 18 year old score in his last 2 games for them

And Ecuador finished third in their group. Appearing at the World Cup isn’t everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Moreno is quicker than Digne. Deulofeu is quicker than Buendia.

We need pace. So this is positive for me!

Yeah it seems the way Emery sets up his team is one Winger is played up front with the striker. Another winger is played left or right midfield. I assume it is depending on defensive abilities maybe. We then have an 8 or a 10 so like a McGinn or Buendia in the other wide midfield spot with the attacking full back behind him. 

It's what he did at Villareal so seems he wants to copy it here where he can attract better players.