January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

Either you know a footballer from an athlete who plays football or you don't . I now know which  category you fit.

Luckily the data doesn’t take into consideration our opinions, or feelings towards a player. So I’ll stick to that cheers 

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That's not how transfer fees work though. We probably overpaid for Targett at the time, but he helped us stay up, and we made a profit on him too.

I dont think we over paid for targett. He scored some very important goals for us (remember that last minute winner?) 

Dont think dignes been that great guys sorry but i just think for 30m we over paid for him.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We paid 10m for targett and 30m for digne who is older. I dont think he is much better at all personally 

Just to be pedantic, it was 11.5 mil for Targett and 25 mil for Digne.

I don’t think Digne is amazing but he seems a stronger character than Targett who could be a right wet blanket at times especially if the game wasn’t going his way.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Digne is leagues above Targett. Without Grealish, Targett was useless.

Correct. Easy to play LB when the attacks are focused on your side and your partner is a mercurial player who is brilliant at holding the ball up so you can join in. Digne would have been brilliant with Grealish.

I'm not saying it's impossible to upgrade Digne - he's not the most dynamic - but it's hardly a priority either, especially for this window. 

6 hours ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

Made in Aston. McKennie scores goals AND... does the same job as Kamara. I rate them both. Don't slag McKennie bc he's American. I hope you are better than that.  

Mate, no.
McKennie is not on the same level as Kamara

• Like 2

7 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

If Ings was available half the league would be in for him: West Ham, Brighton, Southampton, Wolves, Leeds, Everton, Forest would all have him walk into their sides. Even Newcastle and ManUre would have a look. £12-15m is pretty small change these days for a proven goal scorer.

It'd be a shame if he left to go to one of our rivals because the chances are he'll score goals.

Correct, I'd sell him for 15m though at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, sne said:

That site is linking us to both Alex Moreno LB from Betis and Nico Williams RW/lw from Bilbao

If we are buying a left back it has to be Borna Sosa, been saying it for years, and each summer he just gets more expensive.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If we are buying a left back it has to be Borna Sosa, been saying it for years, and each summer he just gets more expensive.

This kid could be the new Sosa… 

Edited by thabucks

Ings is more likely to go to a better side and sit on the bench.

He can't move so is of no use to anyone who doesn't dominate possession.

Funny that we decided to not sign Callum Wilson on a free due to wages, then sign a worse player a year later for £25m and give him the same stupid wages.

We're taking a mighty hit on Ings unless we can mug someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Ings is more likely to go to a better side and sit on the bench.

He can't move so is of no use to anyone who doesn't dominate possession.

Funny that we decided to not sign Callum Wilson on a free due to wages, then sign a worse player a year later for £25m and give him the same stupid wages.

We're taking a mighty hit on Ings unless we can mug someone.

I don't think so, I think if he wanted to get rid of him today for 15m he would be gone by next week