January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I do disagree with the above..

Any team that gets promoted is considered a rival, imagine if we had loaned Jacob Ramsey to Brentford or Fulham?

We are not far off from those teams in terms of quality and consistency. 

It is quite common to have players who could not get into the starting line up for one team but can for another despite both teams being roughly on the same level. It really depends on the specific needs of the team.

Jacob Ramsey isn’t a good example considering we always considered Ramsey to be good enough to challenge for a starting position ever since he first broke through seeing as his only competition was Barkley. And even if we didn’t, I don’t think his development would’ve been much worse if he were loaned to another team to get regular game time that season either.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Ok but we brought in Emery to move to the next level.  We either back ourselves or we don’t.  If one kid is going to break us then what are we doing? We have bigger problems if loaning Tim to a newly promoted team is going to hurt us so bad.

I understand that, but we are not there yet. Emery has been at the club for under 2 months.

Its not about just playing games, he needs to be around the first team squad to soak up the philosophy, the adversity of not playing every game ect.

If we were a top 8 club then it would makes sense to loan him to a team that has just been promoted, but as I said earlier, we are not there yet.

Currently we are a lower/mid -  mid table club.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jacob Ramsey isn’t a good example considering we always considered Ramsey to be good enough to start for us ever since he first broke through seeing as his only competition was Barkley. And even if we didn’t, I don’t think his development would’ve been much worse if he were loaned to another team to get regular game time that season either.

I remember vividly during his 20/21 season a large portion of the fans on here did not rate him.

• Like 1

With our youngsters we aren't going to wait until they're ready to come into the first team and play most games, for most of them if not all of them there will be an inbetween stage where initially they're squad players. Next season Iroegbunam will have had a season in the Championship and has already more than proved himself at that level, so will have nothing left to prove in that regard, will be better for his development playing Premier League football and with our first team in cup comps, even if he has less game time than he would do in the Championship.

Iroegbunam in our first team squad would be a completely different proposition than someone like Archer in our first team squad this season.

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I remember vividly during his 20/21 season a large portion of the fans on here did not rate him.

Yes, but our manager he clearly backed him. 

tbh, I maintain he was quite poor that season despite his development later. But we didn’t really have many options to play in midfield at the time anyway. It was Mcginn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson and Barkley. Sanson was always injured and Nakamba only came in as a DM to sub for Luiz. Provided he beat out one of Mcginn or Barkley, he always had a spot. And Barkley’s lazyness was doing him no favors in that battle.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

That is the problem with young players, no matter how good they are they will always take time to integrate and fulfil their potential, there were times where Ramsey looked a bit lightweight and ineffective but the more time he was given the better he got. It is pretty sad that without him we have lost a significant amount of goal threat.

which is why we need some fresh attacking options, because ours have gone really stale.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Iroegbunam in our first team squad would be a completely different proposition than someone like Archer in our first team squad this season.

Not sure I agree given the competition in midfield,, Tim’s role would be limited.

Anyway we are never going to agree so let’s move this back to being a January transfer thread.

Also why don’t you quote? It’s difficult having a discussion on here when you have to scroll through for the reply.

38 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I understand that, but we are not there yet. Emery has been at the club for under 2 months.

Its not about just playing games, he needs to be around the first team squad to soak up the philosophy, the adversity of not playing every game ect.

If we were a top 8 club then it would makes sense to loan him to a team that has just been promoted, but as I said earlier, we are not there yet.

Currently we are a lower/mid -  mid table club.

Ok let’s agree to disagree because competitive games is better than sitting around our club just to get a vibe and very little game time imo. 

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

No permanent signings in Jan then. 
FPL Lyric is a Tier 1 ITK. I believe him.

He’s already deleted it by the looks of it

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1