January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

He said so? Yeah, a year and half ago.

You’ve no idea what may or may not have changed since Sunday, or what could change between now and the reminder of the season.

I think Emi appreciates that he was wanted by us as a first choice keeper, I also think that he appreciates that had he not joined us, been a regular PL starter with us and improved during his time with us, he might well have not been Argentina's starting keeper at the World Cup. I also think he appreciates that we like him, in much the same way that the Argentine fans do. I think he will be happy to stay with us and I'm sure an improved contract will be put in front of him very soon, as should be the case given his status as a World Cup winner. Other so called "bigger clubs" will be sniffing around, but I don't see our owners as motivated sellers. I expect us to soon to be among the top 6 - 8 PL clubs and for Emi to play a major role in that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We don't really have that many players to move on by the end of the summer window.

Sanson, Traore, Nakamba, probably Chambers and Olsen too. We'll release Wesley as he's only a year left in summer and Guilbert contract will expire. We have Hause and Davis who hopefully will have teams willing to sign them for a fee. Hause needs to get fit and playing though. 

Decision on Coutinho would need to be made. Probably same goes for Ings as he'd only have a year left. 

I'd say there is scope for 4/5 players coming in over next two windows with those above departing. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't really have that many players to move on by the end of the summer window.

Sanson, Traore, Nakamba, probably Chambers and Olsen too. We'll release Wesley as he's only a year left in summer and Guilbert contract will expire. We have Hause and Davis who hopefully will have teams willing to sign them for a fee. Hause needs to get fit and playing though. 

Decision on Coutinho would need to be made. Probably same goes for Ings as he'd only have a year left. 

I'd say there is scope for 4/5 players coming in over next two windows with those above departing. 

Keep Ings, maybe extend for a year as he fits what kind of footy Emery plays and with another main striker will be a great option

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It was, they decided to make his loan permanent.

Yep

Still like to see what Emery can do with him, if he gets him playing like those initial games then there is a player we can use before he gets shipped out unless we get an offer we can’t refuse which seems unlikely 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Yeah, I agree on Konsa. Mings I think it'd be more but not double or anything.

Either way, counting Emi B as "about the same" and Ings / Digne as a loss, that's 7/8 profitable transfers from the 10 players who started our last game (excluding youth).

Not exactly a bad record.

Totally, compare to most of the MON business, or actually nearly all of our business since I can remember...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just to throw one more into the mix, we might move on one or two of the older youth prospects - possibly Archer.

Yeah possibly. I think given Archers contract length we'd oan him deals for next 18 months rather than sell him in summer. I suspect he would be worth a decent loan fee to a top Championship side next summer window

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Keep Ings, maybe extend for a year as he fits what kind of footy Emery plays and with another main striker will be a great option

I think Ings is such a pro he's worth keeping around especially as we intend to get into Europe in 18 months time when he'll just have turned 32. Plenty left in the tank and his goal contributions per 90 are always high even when things haven't been great at the club over last 18 months 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not giving a 30yr old £125k a week and they certainly won’t give us £25m for the privilege. 

They give a 32 year old Danny Welbeck 60K a week and a 34 year old Adam Lallana 90k a Week

Ings would be a big signing for them! they so badly need a striker.

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not giving a 30yr old £125k a week and they certainly won’t give us £25m for the privilege. 

No but nobody is expecting them to either. He will have book value of £8mil left and he only has 1 year on his contact left at 125k. 

A £10m fee to us and a 3 year deal on 80-90k would seem reasonable. That's if we wanted to sell and they wanted to buy 

• Like 2