January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

FWIW,I remember "Malcome McDonald ( Newcastle ) was the first player to score 20 goals in div1 in a single season.

I remember when him and Andy Gray shared the golden boot in 1976 1977. Gray scored a hat-trick against the Albion in the final game to catch him up on 29 for the season 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Toney Mitrovic Trossard Almiron Rodrigo all more goals than Salah this season

We're talking about proven 20 goals in a PL season players. None of the players you've listed have probably even scored 20 PL goals in their career yet

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We're talking about proven 20 goals in a PL season players. None of the players you've listed have probably even scored 20 PL goals in their career yet

There's still plenty of time to delete this post and pretend it never happened.

2 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

There's still plenty of time to delete this post and pretend it never happened.

So of those who has the most non pen goals per game in a season? Has any of them matched Watkins 13 from 20/21? 

Yet they're the amazing "goal scorers" we're missing

I don't see us signing any players from Villareal in our immediate future - unless they're close to the end of their contract or the release clause is ridiculous. 

If there's one club the hierarchy won't want to sell to it's us. 

More likely is that Emery will know some of the targets Villareal had lined up and we might gazump them on a few of those. There's generally better value in the Spanish market. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So of those who has the most non pen goals per game in a season? Has any of them matched Watkins 13 from 20/21? 

Every single one of them has scored 20 or more PL goals. I never for a second mentioned anything about them being amazing, you were just factually incorrect.

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

None of the players you've listed have probably even scored 20 PL goals in their career yet

3 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

I don't see us signing any players from Villareal in our immediate future - unless they're close to the end of their contract or the release clause is ridiculous. 

If there's one club the hierarchy won't want to sell to it's us. 

More likely is that Emery will know some of the targets Villareal had lined up and we might gazump them on a few of those. There's generally better value in the Spanish market. 

Any links to Villarreal players is likely just lazy journalism. Remember all the Rangers and Liverpool players we signed?

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whilst I like Watkins we need to really stop referencing that season for how good our players are. Many were just different players without crowds and that will never happen again. 

Patrick Bamford was a world beater! 

2 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Every single one of them has scored 20 or more PL goals. I never for a second mentioned anything about them being amazing, you were just factually incorrect.

Thanks, you are obviously incorrect though. I'll let you find out where :)

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I like Watkins we need to really stop referencing that season for how good our players are. Many were just different players without crowds and that will never happen again. 

Ivan Toney, people want to laud him. He scored 7 goals from open play and 5 penalties last season in the Prem. Watkins scored 10 goals from open play and 1 penalty.

Watkins is just a superior goal scorer to Toney. That's before you take in Watkins is a significantly better all round player than him too. 

People need to look at the goal scoring stats of all these "superior goal scorers" relative to Watkins - under a useless manager no less - has produced.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ivan Toney, people want to laud him. He scored 7 goals from open play and 5 penalties last season in the Prem. Watkins scored 10 goals from open play and 1 penalty.

Watkins is just a superior goal scorer to Toney. That's before you take in Watkins is a significantly better all round player than him too. 

People need to look at the goal scoring stats of all these "superior goal scorers" relative to Watkins - under a useless manager no less - has produced.

I can’t argue with that. I don’t think Watkins’s gets the credit he deserves sometimes.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Liverpool’s tainted titled 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ccfcman said:

"In a season". No need to be so aggressive when you clearly aren't getting the point jfc