Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 minutes ago, RichW said:

Tbh I think if Villa get 4 points or more from the next 2 games I'd struggle to see Villa finishing outside the top 7. Beat Brentford the weekend and Villa would be 10 points clear of them with 6 games to go. Brentford still have to go to Anfield and have Man City to play and surely should be without Toney soon.

Brentford aren't really in the equation anymore.  The issue is we have to finish ahead of at least one of Brighton, Liverpool or Spurs.  We could be 12 points ahead of Brentford in 8th and it wouldn't matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Brentford aren't really in the equation anymore.  The issue is we have to finish ahead of at least one of Brighton, Liverpool or Spurs.  We could be 12 points ahead of Brentford in 8th and it wouldn't matter.

For some reason I thought they were a place higher 😳 my bad. 

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Spurs have a horrible next three games, then have to play us! We can finish above them. Liverpool have so much quality but there form is shocking! Brighton have those two games in hand and are hard to beat. I think the best we can finish is 6th but most likely 7th which will be imense considering where that scouse cnut was leading us!

37 minutes ago, RichW said:

Tbh I think if Villa get 4 points or more from the next 2 games I'd struggle to see Villa finishing outside the top 7. Beat Brentford the weekend and Villa would be 10 points clear of them with 6 games to go. Brentford still have to go to Anfield and have Man City to play and surely should be without Toney soon.

I'm not worried about Brentford. We need the 3pts off them to overtake Spurs etc over time

15 minutes ago, picicata said:

1.Man City

2.Arsenal

3.Man Utd

4.Newcastle

5.Liverpool

6.Brighton

7.Villa

8.Spurs

That's my prediction. 

Have you factored in Manure ridiculous all comp schedule and only Maguire and Lindelof left as CBs to finish 3rd. I think they'll fall off massively

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

And even then, it might not be possible. We would need either Newcastle to get no more than 14 points, or Man Utd to get no more than 11 points from their remaining 8 games.

71 points was enough last season 

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not worried about Brentford. We need the 3pts off them to overtake Spurs etc over time

Yeah I got teams mixed up I thought Brentford was 8th not 9th. 

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

71 points was enough last season 

It varies, some seasons as low as 67 points got top 4, some as high as 76 is needed. 

We could win every game, but if Newcastle and Man U both get to 72 points, it won't matter.

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

If by some miracle west ham win this conference league, will that take away a European spot?

No, unless they manage to get 5th or 6th place, and that would require more than a miracle. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have you factored in Manure ridiculous all comp schedule and only Maguire and Lindelof left as CBs to finish 3rd. I think they'll fall off massively

They might, but should still get 4th.

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ahhh, but have you factored in VAR not allowing Man Utd to fail? 

• Like 1

I think Top4 now will be Top4 at end of season but I can figure any number of combinations of us, Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton.  Just my view anyway.

It’s too hard to have a firm view because the points are so close and just one result can make a huge difference and may even be not just one place different but two even three depending how close it is.  

These same conversations could be still had on the day of the final games, that’s how close it could be and how much one result could make a difference.  

We still have a fifth of the season left so anything can happen, just look at what we’ve done in the last fifth of games.