Midweek Football 30 August/1September

andykeenan

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'd be pissed if I was Howe, 9 minutes extra for Liverpool to get that. Scored at 97, celebrated till 99, full time!

Time wasting backfired.

Joelington tried his luck, just sat down with “cramp” on the edge of his own box whilst Liverpool attacked thinking they’d kick the ball out, no chance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Could people please stop feeling sorry for the Saudi sports washing project, they deserve no sympathy as they have no souls.

Sob.. I mean Blood on the Tyne tried to waste as much time as they could and it backfired. Fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd be pissed if I was Howe, 9 minutes extra for Liverpool to get that. Scored at 97, celebrated till 99, full time!

I'm not saying I don't care about football as much as I once did but it took me over a minute to realise that Howe is no longer Bournemouth manager and that Liverpool were actually playing Newcastle , confused the **** out of me

15 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Leicester look like they will be in a relegation battle this season too. The legs have gone from both Evans and Vardy and everything else is looking stale and demotivated. Their next manager will have a job to get them going again.

Trying to work out who's playing CB for them this week, Ndidi?

They're lacking confidence, still can get some passes going better than us through the middle to open teams up.

Varane's such a huge player for Man. United, had his cigar out this half just reading the play and cutting out a few Leicester attacks. Maguire certainly isn't going to be starting much in next few months.

Ten Hag got United playing to their strengths (Bruno and Eriksen spraying passes and running hard) - Elanga and Sancho with this thing called WIDTH and forcing 1v1s all over the pitch with quick transitions.

Bummer - was looking forward to United continuing to be shit too.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Trying to work out who's playing CB for them this week, Ndidi?

They're lacking confidence, still can get some passes going better than us through the middle to open teams up.

Varane's such a huge player for Man. United, had his cigar out this half just reading the play and cutting out a few Leicester attacks. Maguire certainly isn't going to be starting much in next few months.

Yeah he is far from ideal there too, a lot resting on the young Belgian lad signed today. Amartey, Soyuncu, Vestergaard are all poor options there along with the very slow Evans. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pickford was time wasting after 20 minutes the other day too, they didn’t win either.

It just feels so pointless tbh. Sure, it chops up momentum for the chasing team, but on the other hand the game keeps going longer.

3 hours ago, daft said:

It just feels so pointless tbh. Sure, it chops up momentum for the chasing team, but on the other hand the game keeps going longer.

Refs still don't add on enough time most of the time. For @Genie's example of Pickford the other night, there was 3 minutes of stoppage time in the second half, 2 subs and a goal, and Pickford easily wasted 3-4 minutes on his own. There was more timewasting in stoppage time. The ref blew at 92:55.

• Like 2

Â