Weekends Football 26/28 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

There is no way that should be a penalty. It’s not a penalty every time the ball happens to touch a players arm.

I think Digne’s was harsh as well but the big difference with Digne’s was that his arm blocked a shot on goal and that is nearly always given as a penalty from what I’ve seen. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, he's only handled it twice.

It was Adam’s who got the second touch wasn’t it? It bumped McTominay’s arm once on the way down. 

Edit: I see, it hit his arms twice over the two videos, then it was Adams who knocks it away. 

Edited by LondonLax

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It was Adam’s who got the second touch wasn’t it? It bumped McTominay’s arm once on the way down. 

It's difficult to tell - I think it's likely it hits his left arm before the really obvious one with his (raised) right elbow - the next touch that swats the ball away could be either of them.

He's either handled it once, twice to three times depending on how you judge the first and last one.

The middle one with the elbow though for me is deliberate - he's not really making any attempt to even look at the ball, there's nothing natural about it - he's trying to wrap an arm around the forward or push him away and ignoring the ball in between the two men - if he's naturally reacting to the ball his body shape would have been completely different.

For me it's a penalty.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's difficult to tell - I think it's likely it hits his left arm before the really obvious one with his (raised) right elbow - the next touch that swats the ball away could be either of them.

He's either handled it once, twice to three times depending on how you judge the first and last one.

The middle one with the elbow though for me is deliberate - he's not really making any attempt to even look at the ball, there's nothing natural about it - he's trying to wrap an arm around the forward or push him away and ignoring the ball in between the two men - if he's naturally reacting to the ball his body shape would have been completely different.

For me it's a penalty.

I think it’s a rubbish penalty if we start giving those. Digne’s shouldn’t have been a penalty either but the big difference for Digne was that he stopped a shot on goal with his arm.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me it's a penalty.

The first touch for me is also pen - he stops his run and his arm remains in an unnatural position for a static posture and he clearly uses the arm to take the momentum of the ball from Adams. Agree with you on the other.

Â