Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

bailey could well be a great FPL asset under emery if he keeps basically playing as a centre forward

He's down at what, 4.5 now? I would say it's a no brainer even for "bench fodder"

One week punt should be Perisic to be honest. I sold him this week so I probably won't do it myself out or principle, but with Son out he was effectively playing as a number 10 yesterday.

Looked very threatening, could have had an assist and he hit the post and the bar.

With Son needing minor surgery, Perisic is likely to take up the same position next week I imagine.

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

One week punt should be Perisic to be honest. I sold him this week so I probably won't do it myself out or principle, but with Son out he was effectively playing as a number 10 yesterday.

Looked very threatening, could have had an assist and he hit the post and the bar.

With Son needing minor surgery, Perisic is likely to take up the same position next week I imagine.

had him pretty much from the start. not been the FPL asset i thought he was going to be but hopefully we'll see more returns whilst son is out

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

had him pretty much from the start. not been the FPL asset i thought he was going to be but hopefully we'll see more returns whilst son is out

Yeah I did as well and finally got rid of him this week. Typical that I did it the week he gets moved up front.

Although I finally got Trippier in for him so it's definitely worked out this week

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Tell me about it. Bloody troll he is.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That is true. Would need a -4 to get him, though, unless I want to give up great fixtures (on paper) for TAA or Cancelo, or lose 0.3 transferring Trippier out and then back in

Current dilemma for my one week punt. In short do I turn Mitrovic into Kane or into Darwin. But Darwin comes with a stronger partner (Foden).

The good, first. I already own Perisic and Salah. I have 2 FTs and £1.9m ITB.

I can turn Mitrovic into Kane home to Leeds if I downgrade Foden to a 5.5 or less (Olise, Bailey/Ramsey). The upside is a threemium with the firepower of Kane against a poor Leeds defence.

Or I can turn Mitrovic into Darwin and keep Foden. The upside being that both together against Southampton and Brentford, on their day could easily outscore Kane + the weaker mid.

Up to yesterday I was fully committed to the Kane switch.  But now... last night Kane looked leggy and I'm not as confident in him hauling as I have been. I also think Foden, having been rested last night, looks in my view like he'll start against Brentford (famous last words). It would be typical to sell him just as he returns.

This is now much more of a coin toss than it was.

I could wait until team news :lol: But we know how that went last week.

Oh and fantasy things that cheer you up. A quarter of a million people selling Cancelo before a home game against Brentford because they don't understand red cards :lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

I also think Foden, having been rested last night,

He's been f***ing rested as long as I've owned him. Bitter, me, nah :D 

I think with my free this week i'm going Mount for Saka, I've trying not to go for him as I want more of a differential but I may end up doing it anyway as Almiron is even less of a differential.

I'm sticking with Foden

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's been f***ing rested as long as I've owned him. Bitter, me, nah :D

I'm sticking with Foden

My reasoning is he has started all the CL games and then missed the league ones. Perfect rotation. But then this week with no CL, the sequence should have been that he starts the Carabao Cup tie, yet he didn't.  So SURELY that means league ...

I know it doesn't, but I'm thinking he will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

My reasoning is he has started all the CL games and then missed the league ones. Perfect rotation. But then this week with no CL, the sequence should have been that he starts the Carabao Cup tie, yet he didn't.  So SURELY that means league ...

I know it doesn't, but I'm thinking he will.

Yep, this is my logic too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Current dilemma for my one week punt. In short do I turn Mitrovic into Kane or into Darwin. But Darwin comes with a stronger partner (Foden).

The good, first. I already own Perisic and Salah. I have 2 FTs and £1.9m ITB.

I can turn Mitrovic into Kane home to Leeds if I downgrade Foden to a 5.5 or less (Olise, Bailey/Ramsey). The upside is a threemium with the firepower of Kane against a poor Leeds defence.

Or I can turn Mitrovic into Darwin and keep Foden. The upside being that both together against Southampton and Brentford, on their day could easily outscore Kane + the weaker mid.

Up to yesterday I was fully committed to the Kane switch.  But now... last night Kane looked leggy and I'm not as confident in him hauling as I have been. I also think Foden, having been rested last night, looks in my view like he'll start against Brentford (famous last words). It would be typical to sell him just as he returns.

This is now much more of a coin toss than it was.

I could wait until team news :lol: But we know how that went last week.

i'd be worried about conte's comments regarding kane. i think he'll start, but doesn't sound like he's playing the full 90. i already have him, but i wouldn't be looking to bring him in if i didn't own him.

i guess it depends on how quick your fingers are if the early team news says foden is benched again! you could set the transfers up with the possibility that foden is benched and just execute if the team news says he's benched? should be able to do that before it crashes

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'd be worried about conte's comments regarding kane. i think he'll start, but doesn't sound like he's playing the full 90. i already have him, but i wouldn't be looking to bring him in if i didn't own him.

I haven't seen those. I'll go find them. But it's all pointing me towards bringing in Darwin instead. I have a money mini-league rival with 6.3ITB and I'd put my house on the fact he'll bring in Kane this week.

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i guess it depends on how quick your fingers are if the early team news says foden is benched again! you could set the transfers up with the possibility that foden is benched and just execute if the team news says he's benched? should be able to do that before it crashes

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I'd have to do. You'd have no chance otherwise.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

What do they say about the early kick-off...I'm on 5pts after 3 with my armband used...

12pts after 7, including a penalty miss. Didn't realize the Cup started this GW and fortunately my opponent is also doing poorly on 8pts after 5...