Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah that kind of thing will happen. I just wanted to get an idea from a budget perspective of what I could afford if the Premier League started back at the weekend.  Could I go 3 or 4 premiums. Fixture swings and all that.  I've a pretty sweet team (or should I say 7 pretty sweet teams :P).

For me the big decisions are around Kane & KDB, how big to go at the back. Do you go into the next phase without Trent, or even without Cancelo etc. I think there's plenty of scope for variance and there won't be that strong a template.

the one draft i did for GW17 had both trent and cancelo in it. i need to try and get some utd players in there somehow because they've probably got the best fixtures

but it's whether or not to put any faith whatsoever in utd...

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just thought about this for first time in a month.

Any early thoughts?

Feels like not too many world cup players massively affected with England and Brazil both out.

well with jesus injured it shows what a waste of time that draft i did was!

with decent fixtures and looking sharp i do like rashford but i've been burned by man u players in the past

double or triple city seems obvious with their double GWs...can see a fair few triple captains being played too. leave it later and you run the risk of more rotation (especially if city wrap the league up early) but you'd think that haaland will play both games of GW20, probably GW23 too

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

well with jesus injured it shows what a waste of time that draft i did was!

with decent fixtures and looking sharp i do like rashford but i've been burned by man u players in the past

double or triple city seems obvious with their double GWs...can see a fair few triple captains being played too. leave it later and you run the risk of more rotation (especially if city wrap the league up early) but you'd think that haaland will play both games of GW20, probably GW23 too

City definitely, but it's getting the correct combo.

Foden absolutely ruined me just before World cup. Brought him in just as he got dropped for no reason and didn't play for 4 games. I was going well before it as well.

Is Ederson mad? Ederson+Haaland+.... someone else?

Rashford is going in my team I think.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

City definitely, but it's getting the correct combo.

Foden absolutely ruined me just before World cup. Brought him in just as he got dropped for no reason and didn't play for 4 games. I was going well before it as well.

Is Ederson mad? Ederson+Haaland+.... someone else?

Rashford is going in my team I think.

not mad, but i would be wanting 3 outfield city players personally. it's not like he gets a lot of save/bonus points. just checked, only twice this season has he gotten more than the standard 90 min + clean sheet points and he's ranked only 9th overall points wise for keepers. but certainly an option at least until the next wildcard

in terms of outfield players, i think we have to be happy at the amount of minutes (or lack thereof) for city players this WC. KDB out of the competition early, cancelo barely played, and alvarez playing a lot of minutes will likely mean more haaland minutes at least in the first few GWs

On 13/12/2022 at 14:30, Tomaszk said:

Just thought about this for first time in a month.

Any early thoughts?

Feels like not too many world cup players massively affected with England and Brazil both out.

I did my transfers yesterday but to be honest I've really enjoyed not thinking about it for the last few weeks. Really struggling to get into a groove this season. 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I’ve had Rashford in my team for months, can’t wait to get rid

man u's next 9 fixtures apart from city and arsenal are lovely though. i'm almost certainly putting him in my team

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

what's everyone's thoughts on nunez? with diaz's injury setback he's presumably nailed on? their fixtures aren't too bad either

I have a build using every cent of my money which has Nunez, Kane and Haaland up front

I just have to decide if he is the way to go. I'm 90% sure  that this is the way I'm going but there is still a nagging doubt. He had a troubled start to the season, which he should be over. The World Cup is gone and now he must surely realise he has to start performing and he's prety much guaranteed a run in the team like you say to get to prove himself

I've enjoyed my month off from football, and I'm struggling to get back into it. Very much a 'can't be arsed' at the moment. I'm sure that'll change in the next few days. Well it better, otherwise I'm in trouble :)

56 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've enjoyed my month off from football, and I'm struggling to get back into it. Very much a 'can't be arsed' at the moment. I'm sure that'll change in the next few days. Well it better, otherwise I'm in trouble :)

Yeah same. I can't be bothered to muster the energy to do a wildcard draft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

i've been looking forward to doing it, then it all kinda picked itself, so now i'm a bit 'meh' as my team just feels very template

I've been doing so badly that I'm going to pick the most boring, template, wildcard draft going. 

I need to just regroup and get myself up the rankings with consistent scores.

Then I'll go mental from about GW30 if i've got any chance of hitting some significant positions

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I've been doing so badly that I'm going to pick the most boring, template, wildcard draft going. 

I need to just regroup and get myself up the rankings with consistent scores.

Then I'll go mental from about GW30 if i've got any chance of hitting some significant positions

I'm really not so sure there is such a strong template going into GW17, especially when you consider many of the stronger players will have been involved in the world cup and may very well have time off.  I wonder how many FPL teams will go into GW17 with loads of shiny new players and end up having about 5 of them turn up, plus the duffers off the bench :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm really not so sure there is such a strong template going into GW17, especially when you consider many of the stronger players will have been involved in the world cup and may very well have time off.  I wonder how many FPL teams will go into GW17 with loads of shiny new players and end up having about 5 of them turn up, plus the duffers off the bench :lol:

I imagine the template will be formed of

Cancelo
Trippier

Salah
Martinelli
Almiron
Rashford?

Kane
Haaland
Mitrovic?

Plus a couple of others.
I think that'll probably form my wildcard. With Dalot and Kepa, possibly, rounding out my first XI.

There's not many in there that will have been significantly affected by the world cup

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine the template will be formed of

Cancelo
Trippier

Salah
Martinelli
Almiron
Rashford?

Kane
Haaland
Mitrovic?

Plus a couple of others.
I think that'll probably form my wildcard. With Dalot and Kepa, possibly, rounding out my first XI.

There's not many in there that will have been significantly affected by the world cup

largely agree -

kepa/ward will be a template GK pairing

DEF - i think james too if/when he's confirmed to be fit

agree with your midfield

FW - i think darwin might end up in the template in place of kane

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

largely agree -

kepa/ward will be a template GK pairing

DEF - i think james too if/when he's confirmed to be fit

agree with your midfield

FW - i think darwin might end up in the template in place of kane

Yeah I don't really think Kane was worth it in the first half of the season. I had him, and he scored loads, but I don't think he scored enough to justify downgrading him and spending the money effectively elsewhere.

Darwin is an interesting option for sure