Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

not really sure what i want to do for this week. i'm not expecting a high return whatever happens

want to sack mitrovic off but not sure who to. solanke/scamacca/wellbeck/edouard are the contenders and none of them are floating my boat

52 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

want to sack mitrovic off

I can see the logic with that, his last two fixtures before the WC are CIty and Man Utd.

I also suspect he'll come back from the WC injured as he's rumoured to be playing on pain killers for the foot injury

He's also on 4 yellows

Good time to get rid. If you've got a spare 0.5 Wilson might be a decent short term punt at least with two games to attempt to get in the England squad and fixtures against Southampton and an out of sorts CHelsea before the break

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

I can see the logic with that, his last two fixtures before the WC are CIty and Man Utd.

I also suspect he'll come back from the WC injured as he's rumoured to be playing on pain killers for the foot injury

He's also on 4 yellows

Good time to get rid. If you've got a spare 0.5 Wilson might be a decent short term punt at least with two games to attempt to get in the England squad and fixtures against Southampton and an out of sorts CHelsea before the break

i dont

it's between scamacca and edouard for me i think...the former with better fixtures and the latter (IMO) is the better goalscoring threat

It seems a lot of people rolled going into last week, so there'll be plenty of changes this week. Loads of possibilities too. Not least the fact Pep has confirmed Haaland isn't training with the 1st team and won't make it for Seville, so the obvious question then of will he make Fulham. Not sure what I'll do yet, but I doubt it'll involve removing him, not least because I lose 0.4m.

55 minutes ago, BOF said:

It seems a lot of people rolled going into last week, so there'll be plenty of changes this week. Loads of possibilities too. Not least the fact Pep has confirmed Haaland isn't training with the 1st team and won't make it for Seville, so the obvious question then of will he make Fulham. Not sure what I'll do yet, but I doubt it'll involve removing him, not least because I lose 0.4m.

yeah most people have too much money tied up in him to remove unless he breaks his leg or something

not expecting great things this week but i'm happy enough going into GW16 so just hoping i come away unscathed in GW15

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm the same with him and Martinelli. 0.4 tied up in each of them

I've brought in Kane for the banned Toney

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm the same with him and Martinelli. 0.4 tied up in each of them

I've brought in Kane for the banned Toney

Ooh, look at you, moneybags.

• Haha 1

Losing 0.4m is normally a concern but I could see quite a lot of people dropping him and taking a short punt on someone to then WC WC and bring him back.

Squad values seem to have exploded this year as some people have about 105m or more (I've got 102.5m already and am having an awful season). 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Losing 0.4m is normally a concern but I could see quite a lot of people dropping him and taking a short punt on someone to then WC WC and bring him back.

Squad values seem to have exploded this year as some people have about 105m or more (I've got 102.5m already and am having an awful season). 

Just looked there and the most valuable team up to the last deadline was 107.3. Bloody hell. I'm a measly 103.4.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Just looked there and the most valuable team up to the last deadline was 107.3. Bloody hell. I'm a measly 103.4.

Absolutely insane year.

Some of the initial pricing was definitely off this year.

If it carries on like this people could break £110m by the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

do you think there are people out there that just transfer in based on imminent price increases? with the view of using that extra cash when wildcarding or during the world cup?

i'd be interested to see how many transfers the 107.3 team has made as i wouldn't mind a bet that a number of point hits have been taken

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

do you think there are people out there that just transfer in based on imminent price increases? with the view of using that extra cash when wildcarding or during the world cup?

i'd be interested to see how many transfers the 107.3 team has made as i wouldn't mind a bet that a number of point hits have been taken

I'd guarantee it. People play for different reasons. There will be people who play it solely to be the most valuable squad. That's their game. The person with 107.3 is in around the 7.4m rank so they're not playing for points.

12 hours ago, BOF said:

I'd guarantee it. People play for different reasons. There will be people who play it solely to be the most valuable squad. That's their game. The person with 107.3 is in around the 7.4m rank so they're not playing for points.

What do they get out of that 🤣

22 minutes ago, a-k said:

What do they get out of that 🤣

it's weird isn't it. same as those that create a new account each week with a triple captain just so they can be top of the GW rankings

i think it's going to be mitrovic to edouard for me this week if he's fit. the problem with that is that i'll end up with 1.5m that will be burning a hole in my pocket and i'm going to be tempted to take a hit in order to upgrade andreas to almiron or something

i'm not confident at all this week and if it goes badly which it might well do, i could do without a -4 on top of that

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i think it's going to be mitrovic to edouard for me this week if he's fit. the problem with that is that i'll end up with 1.5m that will be burning a hole in my pocket and i'm going to be tempted to take a hit in order to upgrade andreas to almiron or something

i'm not confident at all this week and if it goes badly which it might well do, i could do without a -4 on top of that

One thing to consider with Almiron is that ASM is now back which raises the question of whether all Newcastle's play will continue to be down Almiron's side or not?