Gerard Nash (U-18 Manager)

Enda

From official site:

“Aston Villa is pleased to announce Gerrard Nash will become Lead Under-18 Professional Development Phase Coach and Adem Atay who will take up the role of Under-18 Professional Development Coach. Nash has most recently been working with the FA of Ireland as their High Performance Coach and previously worked at Ipswich Town as both Under-18 Lead Professional Development Phase Coach and Under-23 Senior Professional Development Phase Coach.”.

Nash is from Kildare in Ireland, and had a short playing career with Ipswich that was curtailed by injuries. Second Irish coach in the setup I think?

Aden Atay was Ipswich U18s manager when they reached the last four in FA Youth Cup the season we won it, they played Liverpool in the semi-final and gave them a really good game. Was a good achievement for them getting that far, and I think they've won a few trophies this season as well

Gerrard Nash, a blast from the past. One of the guys from school played with him at underage and always wondered what happened as was highly rated

Ipswich was a top academy at the time 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard Nash, a blast from the past. One of the guys from school played with him at underage and always wondered what happened as was highly rated

Ipswich was a top academy at the time 

I’m 99% sure I played with him at underage as well 😬

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's not from Crosby, then? Seeing as he's still coaching the young players. 

I know it's only been 5 minutes but he's still not from Crosby 

• 1 month later...

There's a video interview with him on the official site

'Gerard Nash is excited to be leading Aston Villa into the new Under-18 Premier League season this weekend.

The Young Lions’ trip to Southampton on Saturday marks the first game of Nash’s tenure as Under-18 Professional Development Coach following his appointment in June.'

Official site

Â