Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Apart from his tweet about us stockpiling old players is he wrong? 

14th in the PL can take the best players from 90% of Europe's leagues without much effort 

The PL is already the superleague 

because it’s been happening for years since the PL began 30 years ago.  This has been the money league since then but we buy and it’s one of the main focuses of the tweets.  Added to that while we are 14th it doesn’t take into account everything else about the club or the project, the history of the club or the wealth of the owners, it focuses on the 14th placing.  It’s just a poor tweet from James who tends to do this this.

34 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Sevilla have released a goodbye video and posted that everything agreed bar the medical and signing the contract. 

Sky has reported that he has signed an agreement to sign a contract with us. Only a failed medical will stop this happening imo

Loves a sliding tackle, can see him giving away a few penalties in the Premier judging by the highlights video. Likes playing the ball over the top, so with him and Mings both at it they should get some assists between em. Hope he works out, looks big and strong.

It must be done if Sevilla are saying goodbye.  Unless they don't want him back because they need the dosh!  He looks like a unit.  Fantastic to be getting the deals done early.  Bissouma next please. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I'm not unhappy that we have signed this player but I do find it worrying the age profile of the players Gerrard is signing.

Chambers 27, Kamara 22…2 of his 5 outfield signings aren’t older…I’d argue neither is Digne at 28.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

High wages

You need to pay for better players

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I just worry if the owners turn the taps off which granted they haven't shown any signs of that we are going to be ****.

We have mostly a very young talented squad.  A handful of late twenty somethings isn’t going to put us in dire straits if they do turn the tap off.

• Like 2

Very decisive work by Lange. Chelsea might be able to start spending in a couple of weeks. But no guarantees so we get in quick and take Carlos before Chelsea can buy Kounde . Money will talk and Kounde might still leave but if it had been the other way round then they would have had us over a barrel holding out for probably another 10 to 15 mill euros. 

• Like 1

A few people seem worried about this signing regarding age , footballers nowadays are specimens with the diet and regime, very little alcohol / smoking , the whole lifestyle is based on prep and recovery which promotes longevity, I’m not saying they’ll last forever but you can get a few more quality miles out of most 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Another older player? He’s 29 not 31/32.  Where are these other old players? Coutinho is 29,  Digne 28, Chambers is 27 to go along with our young squad.  Just bizarre this notion of buying players in their peak is a problem.

Salah is 29 about to get a big fat contract, VVD signed a new 4 year contract when he was 30.  They have an older squad as well.  I know using Liverpool is an extreme but we’ve seen how our inexperience has impacted our performances and results and tweets like these suggest we’ve gone and brought a load of mid thirty somethings which we haven’t.

It can’t even be argued we’ve wasted money because Coutinho at 17m, Carlos at 26m and Chambers free aren’t exactly massive fees in todays markets.

Salah has proven himself at Liverpool and the rest of the world, so from now on, Liverpool will have no issue on moving him on if he magically fails at Liverpool. 

as of villa, we are a team in building. Having players like Phil, Digne, Ings and now Carlos is fantastic… now, this season coming. But the longer we have them the less likely we be able to move them on, if we ever need to… and their fat wages could (as in maybe) affect future financial decisions like transfers. Making us a potential (not necessarily) Everton, in a worse case situation. 

that’s just a concern, not a criticism. 

that’s all it is nick, chill out 

Just now, Chine said:

A few people seem worried about this signing regarding age , footballers nowadays are specimens with the diet and regime, very little alcohol / smoking , the whole lifestyle is based on prep and recovery which promotes longevity, I’m not saying they’ll last forever but you can get a few more quality miles out of most 

29 is probably more like 27 even 5 years ago. So i am thinking of this signing in terms of him being 27 and i am more than happy than a pig in shit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

I agree but on top of that, the days of planning for the future and building a 5 year plan are more or less gone. Yes, u need a plan for the next 3 to 5 years but it is nearly impossible to build a team over that sort of period. Succession planning is always needed but the PL is now about immediate impact and getting players that can deliver in the next 12 and 24 months. I think we are just adapting to the marketplace that is Premier League football

• Like 1

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

I've never known anyone to turn good news into bad as quickly or effectively as ol' rodders 😅

What a plonker 

• Haha 1

Just a bit taller than Konsa and smaller than Mings, Konsa and Chambers 

Apparently its important to some Villa fans  who thought midgets like Cannavaro and Puyol were nothing 

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chambers 27, Kamara 22…2 of his 5 outfield signings aren’t older…I’d argue neither is Digne at 28.

You need to pay for better players

We have mostly a very young talented squad.  A handful of late twenty somethings isn’t going to put us in dire straits if they do turn the tap off.

If he continues on the Digne, Coutinho, Carlos model it would.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Just a bit taller than Konsa and smaller than Mings, Konsa and Chambers 

Apparently its important to some Villa fans  who thought midgets like Cannavaro and Puyol were nothing 

So he’s both taller and smaller than Konsa ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree but on top of that, the days of planning for the future and building a 5 year plan are more or less gone. 

What sort of bullshit is this 

I suppose Harvey Elliott and Joao Carvalho will be immediate starters for Liverpool next season 

We had a get rich quick scheme before under the charlatan ONeill and we are going the same path

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

29 is probably more like 27 even 5 years ago. So i am thinking of this signing in terms of him being 27 and i am more than happy than a pig in shit 

Gray haired 19 year old Nigerian Footballers world wide agree.

* No diss to my Nigerian friends.

• Haha 1

Â