Kadan Young

sir_gary_cahill

He’s a skilful winger, an u16 who scored for our u23s today, whenever I’ve seen him, he has impressed me. He’s very quick and jinky and likes to run at the opposition and to take players on. He has a chance I think, I don’t know if he is related to Ashley before anyone asks!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, STO said:

Hopefully goes out on loan next season to a decent club so he continues his progress.  

He’ll only be a first year scholar next season, it is very rare that first year scholars are loaned out regardless of how good they are. Even Jack Grealish was a second year scholar before we loaned him out to Notts County

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, STO said:

Hopefully goes out on loan next season to a decent club so he continues his progress.  

As SGC said, too young for that. Lots of potential but lots to learn still and he's very young. 

• Like 1

He looked brilliant today, him playing a couple of ages up as a fourteen year old for our U16s, and now playing for the U23s before he's even scholarship age shows how highly we rate him, technically he's playing an age up when he plays for the U18s, and he made his debut at that level last season, so again started playing at that level a couple of ages up, he's also an Engand U16 international.

I'm not 100% certain, but i think he's another we got from Albion, as saw him do a Q&A thing where he was asked who were the best players he's played with at U14 level, and he named Triston Rowe, Jamal Jimoh, and Kiany Dyer, who at the time were all West Brom players.

After seeing him today, really hope we've already sorted out his scholarship for next season.

• Like 4

I think Kaden is probaby a mistake on the teamsheet, as previously I've always seen him referred to as Kadan, and he also goes by the 'Kadan' spelling on his social media.

Just now, useless said:

I think Kaden is probaby a mistake on the teamsheet, as previously I've always seen him referred to as Kadan, and he also goes by the 'Kadan' spelling on his social media.

Yep it's a strange one - he went to Oldbury Academy and they refer to him as Kaden and the club have him that way on the previous teamsheets when he's been involved with the U23's. I'll leave it at that for the moment - and we'll see what develops!

13 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Needs to work on his knee slide, talk about the basics 🤪

I think the groundsman is at fault here. Clearly not enough watering done.

On 02/05/2022 at 15:35, useless said:

I'm not 100% certain, but i think he's another we got from Albion, as saw him do a Q&A thing where he was asked who were the best players he's played with at U14 level, and he named Triston Rowe, Jamal Jimoh, and Kiany Dyer, who at the time were all West Brom players.

He attended Oldbury Academy and they've got formal links to West Brom, so I think it's very likely you're spot on.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Kaden Young looked lively today and then scored a cracking goal at the end. With the heat and it being a preseason friendly it’s hard to judge but was definitely one who caught the eye in a slightly underwhelming overall team performance 

Â