Kadan Young

sir_gary_cahill

I do get the sense that Emery will actually give some of these youngsters a chance if they are good enough, which will hopefully stop another Carney situation (although it’s quite clear he didn’t go to Chelsea for first team football!).

13 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

lads and unit . Fantastic experience for him today will learn alot.

Nice. Gave Cucuracha a torrid time. No mean feat at that age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Liked his decision making kept it simple when needed. but is he genuinely 16? I swear these kids are getting taller.

I was walking to work past my old school and the students were all like taller than me and I’m 5’10. 

It is mate. My 14 year old just hit 6 ft and size 12 trainers and 13.5 stone. 

• Shocked 1

I didn’t know him before the game. Excited to see him getting some minutes during the season. His confidence was great going into Chelsea fullback. I thought O’reilly was the next big prospect but now hopefully we’re having more. Just hopefully they get good chances this season and the get sent on loan next season.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Young is very young - he's two years younger than O'Reilly.

Really.

Brian, can you tell me more background on Kaden Young, he looks a real prospect.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Nice. Gave Cucuracha a torrid time. No mean feat at that age.

Is that a torrid time? Looked like he was forced backwards at least 6 times and cleanly tackled 3 times. The last clip is the only time he actually beats Cucurella.

Not knocking him as a prospect at all, he's 16 and up against a £60m defender - but a torrid time seems a bit hyperbolic. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Is that a torrid time? Looked like he was forced backwards at least 6 times and cleanly tackled 3 times. The last clip is the only time he actually beats Cucurella.

Not knocking him as a prospect at all, he's 16 and up against a £60m defender - but a torrid time seems a bit hyperbolic. 

OK torrid is probably strong. Call it a Villa fan posting on a Villa forum, but it bodes incredibly well what he did given that he probably should have been sitting in Cucurella's back pocket. Maybe I'm comparing what he actually did with what he should have been able to do.

If you're a 16 year old winger and you're making a good Premier League fullback work you can come off feeling you've had a good game.

He's got absolutely tonnes of potential. He's 16 and didn't look out of place, already got a good touch and not afraid to tussle. He's got a few years of growth in him and he can build the experience to hurt opponents with his skill, brain and his physique in that time. Could be a monster winger.

Lots of potential. Looks like a Rooney type in that he's almost fully grown by 16. I was 5'5 at 16, now I'm 6ft!

As is the way with youngsters, steering clear of serious injury, making his breakthrough at the right time in his development, and being and staying hardworking and hungry are all essential for him to make it at the top level.

Â