New kits 22/23

sne

The Fluminense strip always bothered me. 

Inoffensive Adidas kits but I don't like the middle badge look.

We've had some bad shirts over the years, so I'd welcome Adidas as long as they do a custom Villa ensemble.

But all signs point to Castore, which I'm also fine with. 

Just no more Kappa please!

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's mad that Adidas don't do a retro range with the trefoil logo

They'd sell like hot cakes 

Imagine an Adidas Villa shirt with a gold retro logo and gold stripes.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It's mad that Adidas don't do a retro range with the trefoil logo

They'd sell like hot cakes 

I wonder why this is the case.

Maybe "we" would buy it. But maybe a sterotypical 15 year old Chinese kid who plays FIFA wouldn't, and I guess that's where the money is. 

I can't see any other reason. @NurembergVillan why dont adidas want to hit the bullseye when it's so obvious? 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe "we" would buy it. But maybe a sterotypical 15 year old Chinese kid who plays FIFA wouldn't, and I guess that's where the money is. 

I can't see any other reason. @NurembergVillan why dont adidas want to hit the bullseye when it's so obvious? 

They do a retro range for their bigger clubs Arsenal/Utd have an Originals line every year with back catalogue stuff.

Sticking a Trefoil on modern gear would sully the brand.

That's the weird thing they do the retro shirts for arsenal from the 90s but they've changed the trefoil logo to the new one, I'm sure boca is the same 

It probably is something to do with stronger brand identification or some nonsense like that but the trefoil logo has a value which I think they're underestimating 

It might also be a good time for Nike to recycle the old '90' brand. I think enough time has passed for it to become 'cool' again and some savvy marketing can be done there. 

51 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's something we discuss quite often on our kit review videos. Craig's a big advocate of them bringing it back, but it's definitely a brand identity thing and the Trefoil now denotes a particular category for them.

From what I've heard the logo will change for next season to remove the Adidas wording and make the triangular element larger.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's something we discuss quite often on our kit review videos. Craig's a big advocate of them bringing it back, but it's definitely a brand identity thing and the Trefoil now denotes a particular category for them.

From what I've heard the logo will change for next season to remove the Adidas wording and make the triangular element larger.

That's great - could you share any links to check out the videos?

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 19:42, HanoiVillan said:

Definitely knocked out at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon, that one . . . 'I've got an idea guys, how about a green T-shirt with matching shorts?' 'Nice one, see at the bar in 10'.

Ironically, at least when I was in Nuremberg, the Adidas footy designers would mostly drink in an Irish bar called O'Shea's.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It might also be a good time for Nike to recycle the old '90' brand. I think enough time has passed for it to become 'cool' again and some savvy marketing can be done there. 

they did for the 3rd shirts in 2019

See the source image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ironically, at least when I was in Nuremberg, the Adidas footy designers would mostly drink in an Irish bar called O'Shea's.

Is that terrible Norn Iron kit a form of political revenge? :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, sne said:

Apart from being red and having a Liverpool logo on it I think the Liverpool one is rather good.

Less is more or something.

I've got a t shirt just like that without the Liverpool badge and sponsor, I'll let you have it for £40.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Apart from being red and having a Liverpool logo on it I think the Liverpool one is rather good.

Less is more or something.

agree, thats what i meant about the england kit, i think it could make a very clean nice all white england shirt but they'll mess it up by putting blue on the sleeves and then giving france a better shirt

im guessing the majority of the detailing will be on the stadium shirt or whatever bollocks nike charger £150 for

• Like 1

Â