Nerdle (Maths Wordle)

chappy

Click

How to play

Guess the NERDLE in 6 tries. After each guess, the color of the tiles will change to show how close your guess was to the solution.

Rules

• There are 8 “letters”
  • A “letter” is one of "0123456789+-*/="
  • And a word must be a calculation that is mathematically correct. So it must have one “=”
  • Also, the number on the right of the “=” is just a number (not another calculation)
  • Standard order of operations applies, so calculate * and / before + and -
  • Order matters in nerdle. If the answer we’re looking for is 10+20=30, then 20+10=30 isn’t close enough.

Discovered this version today. It’s tricky!

nerdlegame 15 3/6

🟪🟪⬛🟪⬛🟪⬛⬛
🟪🟩⬛🟩🟪🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chappy said:

Click

Discovered this version today. It’s tricky!

nerdlegame 15 3/6

🟪🟪⬛🟪⬛🟪⬛⬛
🟪🟩⬛🟩🟪🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sounds interesting but like they've overcomplicated it. Might give it a go later though. 

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't work. I solved today's one however for example 3 + 2 is the same as 2 + 3 but the game doesnt recognize this. 

This. I think because it can vary quite a bit it becomes quite tricky. 

For example on today's one i got this. 

Nerdle 16 3/6

⬛🟪⬛🟪🟪🟩🟩🟪
🟪🟩🟪🟩🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

However mathematically the 3 digits I got wrong on the 2nd try was a correct formula and could be reversed/changed in another way as well. 

On 04/02/2022 at 13:39, villa89 said:

It doesn't work. I solved today's one however for example 3 + 2 is the same as 2 + 3 but the game doesnt recognize this. 

Agree with this but for it to work like Wordle they had to draw a line somewhere. Today, I got it in 4 attempts rather than 3 as I had two numbers the wrong way round. Just the way it is I guess. Often, the order will matter (bodmas/bidmas).

Â