Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

40 minutes ago, Rolta said:

With all this talk about 6s and 8s, which I'm completely down with, I wonder what a 7 does?

Waves and shouts at people in a Scottish accent before tackling opponents like an elephant on iron brew. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Too much concern there meanwhile our number 8’s are not compact enough either dont you think there is more a priority 

Yeah, that is a valid point, I think it is highlighting that our midfield needs improving. I am kind of hoping that with a proper DM it will help push Doug into a more natural 8 and give him and the others a little more time on the ball to show their skills. I still have high hopes for Sanson. I think whatever extra improvement we do this summer will benefit thee team and will will be better this season. It will probably be next summer when we can make some signings that turn us into a good team that deserves its place fighting for a European spot

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Oxlade Chamberlain has a serious hamstring injury apparently.

I don't like seeing players get injured, regardless who they play for, but on a positive this should rule him out of a move to Villa (if it was ever actually on)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

Sadly he's not coming :( Global recession and new north end costs means Villa will not be making any signings until Ashley Young turns 42 and retires 

Good man! 🙂

On 29/07/2022 at 10:24, PieFacE said:

I really don't rate Kean. Hope we don't make a move for him. 

20 goals in 90 games.....for his last 3 clubs ( Everton, PSG & Juventus)4.5:1......Danny and Ollie produce c2.8: ( career averages)....Danny in his last 105 games scored 45 goals.....2.3:1

If its a loan, fine....but on the surface, seems no better than what we have.

I think there is more to come from Danny, This season....and Ollie should get 15.

On 29/07/2022 at 10:24, PieFacE said:

I really don't rate Kean. Hope we don't make a move for him. 

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

We have Luiz, Nakamba, Mcginn, Sanson and Tim. All played the number 6 role at somepoint last season. Do we really need a 6th player to cover?

Yes.  Because Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn and Sanson all showed on more occasions than not that they cannot play the No 6 role in anything other than an absolute emergency.  Tim has the potential but needs to be eased in gently.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wtf js going on with Leicester btw.  Bought no one as yet. No money any more ?  Without Maddison they will really struggle. 

Their owners fortune was built on Duty Free.  Covid meant no travel no income so they are going to be cutting back due to that I would think.

Wolves owners too have lost a fortune so they are hardly spending.

Happy days 😜 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

With all this talk about 6s and 8s, which I'm completely down with, I wonder what a 7 does?

sticks his arse out and drinks Irn-Bru and talks like Billy Connolly.

NB lets get back on track boys......

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

20 goals in 90 games.....for his last 3 clubs ( Everton, PSG & Juventus)4.5:1......Danny and Ollie produce c2.8: ( career averages)....Danny in his last 105 games scored 45 goals.....2.3:1

If its a loan, fine....but on the surface, seems no better than what we have.

I think there is more to come from Danny, This season....and Ollie should get 15.

Goal involvements per minutes is a more relevant and accurate picture of potency. Those 90 appearances are more than likely less than 90 minutes on many occasions. 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wtf js going on with Leicester btw.  Bought no one as yet. No money any more ?  Without Maddison they will really struggle. 

No money.

They are waiting for their new DOF to be able to work for them.

They have a crap load of players with a year left on their contracts.

They have stalwarts like Schmeichel and Vardy who need replacing.

Things aren't good at the King Power these days.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Goal involvements per minutes is a more relevant and accurate picture of potency. Those 90 appearances are more than likely less than 90 minutes on many occasions. 

Yeah, I accept that....but its just a quick thumb rule..

I suspect, if you did it on minutes, ( more difficult to research) the picture we are suggesting, might not be too dissimilar.

33 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, that is a valid point, I think it is highlighting that our midfield needs improving. I am kind of hoping that with a proper DM it will help push Doug into a more natural 8 and give him and the others a little more time on the ball to show their skills. I still have high hopes for Sanson. I think whatever extra improvement we do this summer will benefit thee team and will will be better this season. It will probably be next summer when we can make some signings that turn us into a good team that deserves its place fighting for a European spot

Eventually, Pete...I would like to see Iroegbunam and Kamara form a duo...in a 4-2-3-1

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Eventually, Pete...I would like to see Iroegbunam and Kamara form a duo...in a 4-2-3-1

Yep, I think that would be my preferred pairing for the 23/24 season. Therefore, for this season if we are to purchase another DM it would make sense to get a player that can play 6 and 8 which makes Sangare the ideal candidate imo. I hope OldVillan is right with his ITK

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Their owners fortune was built on Duty Free.  Covid meant no travel no income so they are going to be cutting back due to that I would think.

Wolves owners too have lost a fortune so they are hardly spending.

Happy days 😜 

And no doubt Jamie Vardy will be knocking on BR's door saying he needs a 3m pay rise as his Mrs ran up a few unexpected bills 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think that football will become more and more about the 16 rather than the 11.  So I think we need 3 players in that role who are all pushing each other so that if one of them gets injured there is no noticeable reduction in quality.  Tim, Kamara and Sangare look like they could / should give us everything that our midfield has been lacking for so long.  Good at tackling, good at pressing, good on the ball, able to resist the press, good passers, good at retaining / progressing the ball as required.  Allows our "8" to be a bit more attack minded (perfect for JJ, McGinn and possibly Luiz).  Means that our full-backs can bomb forwards with the expectation that our defence will not be exposed if we lose the ball.  Makes it more likely that a front 3 are receiving the right type of balls in the right type of areas.

Edited by allani
  • Like 3