Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

GJ would be the biggest signing we've ever made. A near world class player coming into his peak. 

I don't think he'd join us though. 

Who's place in the team would he take though, he is not a striker

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

GJ would be the biggest signing we've ever made. A near world class player coming into his peak. 

I don't think he'd join us though. 

Didnt we just sign Coutinho 😛  

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Gerrard has talked a lot about options and having different ways to set up next year. Jesus gives you plenty of options in that respect. 

Think I’m on board with the it won’t happen bandwagon. But as I said before I reckon it’ll be us Arsenal or a Newcastle and given that I think we’ve got to have half a chance with the Brazilian connection and a boat load of cash to throw at him. 

Edited by villaglint

Just now, villaglint said:

Gerrard has talked a lot about options and having different ways to set up next year. Jesus gives you plenty of options in that respect. 

He would cost 50m/60m+ and would be earning 200k+ a week. He ain't coming to Villa to be an option. He would be in the starting 11. I love the idea of him signing for Villa but I am struggling to work out who would be benched to accommodate him

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He is a striker. He can play anywhere across the front. He'd start in front of either Watkins or Ings

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

He is a striker. He can play anywhere across the front. He'd start in front of either Watkins or Ings

If he can play up front as the main striker I would like him. He's a quality player and the sort of player I like to see us buy

Jesus wouldn’t work as the lone striker in any system we used last season, so we’d have to switch it up, as in keep the ball on the deck, or play him off Watkins. Pumping balls up to Jesus would be absolutely pointless.

I don’t rate him particularly highly if I’m honest, every time I’ve watched him he has flattered to deceive, but then lots of well informed people tell me I’m wrong so 🤷

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He would cost 50m/60m+ and would be earning 200k+ a week. He ain't coming to Villa to be an option. He would be in the starting 11. I love the idea of him signing for Villa but I am struggling to work out who would be benched to accommodate him

I agree he’d be coming as a starter but as Xela said he can play anywhere across the front line so gives us options to play 3 upfront a la Liverpool, 2 up front as we’ve done this year. Or if we do sign another defensively strong CM in the Bissouma, Sangare mould then he could be one of three behind a striker or the striker himself.  Gives Gerrard the tactical flexibility he wants. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jesus wouldn’t work as the lone striker in any system we used last season, so we’d have to switch it up, as in keep the ball on the deck, or play him off Watkins. Pumping balls up to Jesus would be absolutely pointless.

I don’t rate him particularly highly if I’m honest, every time I’ve watched him he has flattered to deceive, but then lots of well informed people tell me I’m wrong so 🤷

I am with u on that. However, I like him as a player but I just not sure how he would fit in to Villa

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be that surprised. Being linked with Arsenal is no guarantee you’re actually going to Arsenal, we’ve been there before.

I’m not convinced he’s quite as good as the hype might suggest, which is why he’s being linked with Arsenal and not Liverpool or Real Madrid. So probs at the upper end of our reach?

Wasn't Jesus more or less exclusively played as a striker basically until this season when Pep starting playing him on the right and folk then started talking about City not having a proper #9? Have found it strange as up until then he seemed quite an old fashioned poacher type.

• Like 1

I see no one is being linked which is why people are talking about signing a player who wouldn’t sign for us, doesn’t fit the wage structure and doesn’t solve a problem for us.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wouldn’t be that surprised. Being linked with Arsenal is no guarantee you’re actually going to Arsenal, we’ve been there before.

I think Wenger was close to signing every player in history, some when they were 10 years old

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I see no one is being linked which is why people are talking about signing a player who wouldn’t sign for us, doesn’t fit the wage structure and doesn’t solve a problem for us.

I’d imagine whatever we’re paying Coutinho has already smashed the wage structure. I can’t see him being on much less than 250k per week at least.