Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As expected really. Think we’ll see another centre mid, a striker and a young left back come in. 

Striker situation will depend on moving Ings/Watkins on. 

Thank god we are not really in for Ben Mee

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868ny8evl0la3s0no8ay

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868ny8evl0la3s0no8ay

I never even entertained that nonsense. 

I do think the back 5 is set for the season now though, which I’m not too worried about. I’m convinced the problem with our defence was the midfielders playing in front of them. 

Two new central midfielders sitting in front of a back four with Carlos in it will look and play out a lot different. 

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I would sign ben mee 

Spoiler

just so i could call all Wesleys mates to come in and harvest a few of his vital organs for science you see!😝

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I never even entertained that nonsense. 

I do think the back 5 is set for the season now though, which I’m not too worried about. I’m convinced the problem with our defence was the midfielders playing in front of them. 

Two new central midfielders sitting in front of a back four with Carlos in it will look and play out a lot different. 

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in. 

Same, and a new striker. Pref not over the age of 35 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

If you read the Brighton forums they all say hes good at getting and keeping the ball and carrying it forward but he's not a progressive passer at all.

He's very defensive, very much a 6, even more so than Kamara.

No one is more defensive than Kamara, he can play as a central defender for gods sake.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As expected really. Think we’ll see another centre mid, a striker and a young left back come in. 

Striker situation will depend on moving Ings/Watkins on. 

it is tough which we should let one of them go (watkins or Ings) it is hard to decide both is very good striker in some area, we should look for Hybird of Watkins X Ings type. Depend who we go buy that sold one of them. I prefer Keep Ings as less valuable sell (watkins more sellable so can fund more to buy striker) + Better finisher

compare we likely Watkins for big money like 35-40 millions ish (Ings could sold maybe 20 - 25 millions)

and Encourage Archer to challenge or occasion come on pitch some of time as we have 5 subs can come out from 7 (or it was 9) bench so Archer and Tim I will likely more chance even Azaz or Ramsey (Arron) 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

When it comes to strikers, who could we realistically can get that is better than Watkins and Ings? 

A whole bunch of foreign strikers..........

Why bother when we have more pressing issues to sort anyway.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886tooljc931wopwudphj

it’s just a hypothetical question

That’s the thing about strikers. There are loads of midfielders we could buy to improve us, but the pool of strikers is much smaller and they’re all mega expensive. 

I couldn’t even give you name tbh. Richarlison maybe? But he’d cost about £60m. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s the thing about strikers. There are loads of midfielders we could buy to improve us, but the pool of strikers is much smaller and they’re all mega expensive. 

I couldn’t even give you name tbh. Richarlison maybe? But he’d cost about £60m. 

See this is why I asked, I’m sincerely scratching my head to think of anyone better than we have, without  (financially) slitting our wrists for 

Edited by CarryOnVilla