Just now, Zatman said:

I dont want him to fail. I would love if he was successful

I know he will fail thats the problem, he is so out of his depth

You don't know shit.

Back to the transfers!

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have you considered the possibility that you could be wrong about Gerrard?

4 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

You don't know shit.

Back to the transfers!

Are you some football guru on a football forum

Bow down to the maestro

Grow up mate (i know your not my actual mate) 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well, it’s going to be entertaining either way…

Just now, Zatman said:

Based on? 

Based on people get things wrong occasionally. Gerrard is a rookie manager in the PL. None of us know whether he will be successful or not. We have our opinions but we don't know how he will adapt to this step up in his career. Its a huge job for him, he has a massive budget and he is expected to deliver. It is difficult for a young manager and we won't see the real Gerrard as manager until he has proven himself to some extent. He needs a confidence booster to show he is doing the right things. Obviously this may not happen, I hope it does, but we simply don't know what sort of manger he will turn out to be. So far, in the transfer windows I am very happy with him. He is identifying the positions that are weak in our team and he is getting in players that look like good quality. I am not convinced he is the right manager for us but I am happy to see how it works out. Thankfully, so too are NSWE and Purslow, it would be madness to be changing managers too frequently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Well, it’s going to be entertaining either way…

Unless we go into a relegation fight

*i dont think it will go that bad but i think its closer than top 6 unless we hire an actual manager*

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They might enjoy the signings and be a great summer but no games are played in summer

I remember the 2015, 2013 even 2019 great transfer Windows even 2021 we won the transfer market 

Do you think I want us to fail? FFS grow up

The vast majority of your posts are a dig at our manager, so the only conclusion I can come to is that you think he will fail to the point you sound like it’s a personal mission on your part. If he fails we fail, so whilst I don’t think you want us to fail, you don’t seem to have linked the two. 

As for transfer windows, over the years we’ve had good and bad but generally mediocre and a bit meh. This one so far is pretty exciting. I know we don’t play any games and the proof of success or otherwise will be played out over the course of the season. Only time will tell, but I won’t apologise for enjoying it whilst there are no matches. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in feeling good about our window so far. 

That’s about the most grown up answer I can manage. But I must remind you that my Dad is bigger than your Dad, so watch it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is definitely the heart of Villa.

Nah, I just can’t agree with that

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Look how we struggle without him

I agree with this part but don’t think that means he’s the heart of the Villa, it just means we don’t have an alternative when he’s out.  I also think while he’s a great captain off the field I’m not convinced he’s the right captain on the field.  I still think this team misses a proper captain and we’ve not had one for years.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is the person I would describe as Villa since our forner fan/captain left and then Smith

Ok I don’t agree with this, I’m not sure we have that person at Villa.  It would also depend on what you mean.  When I think of Villa, I don’t think of Mings.  

As much as I love Mings, I think he could be replaced comfortably like a number of our positions if Gerrard so desires.  When I think back on the defenders we’ve had in the past, even just in the PL he wouldn’t be close to the top of that list of quality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Based on people get things wrong occasionally. Gerrard is a rookie manager in the PL. None of us know whether he will be successful or not. We have our opinions but we don't know how he will adapt to this step up in his career. Its a huge job for him, he has a massive budget and he is expected to deliver. It is difficult for a young manager and we won't see the real Gerrard as manager until he has proven himself to some extent. He needs a confidence booster to show he is doing the right things. Obviously this may not happen, I hope it does, but we simply don't know what sort of manger he will turn out to be. So far, in the transfer windows I am very happy with him. He is identifying the positions that are weak in our team and he is getting in players that look like good quality. I am not convinced he is the right manager for us but I am happy to see how it works out. Thankfully, so too are NSWE and Purslow, it would be madness to be changing managers too frequently. 

You keep saying young manager and I understand the point but he is an unqualified manager. Like when Steve Staunton managed Ireland 

Gerrard has a little more experience but not a lot. He won a league vs Neil **** Lennon 

He should have went to Championship like Rooney/Lampard a more challenging league and I wouldn't have hired them either

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The vast majority of your posts are a dig at our manager, so the only conclusion I can come to is that you think he will fail to the point you sound like it’s a personal mission on your part. If he fails we fail, so whilst I don’t think you want us to fail, you don’t seem to have linked the two. 

As for transfer windows, over the years we’ve had good and bad but generally mediocre and a bit meh. This one so far is pretty exciting. I know we don’t play any games and the proof of success or otherwise will be played out over the course of the season. Only time will tell, but I won’t apologise for enjoying it whilst there are no matches. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in feeling good about our window so far. 

That’s about the most grown up answer I can manage. But I must remind you that my Dad is bigger than your Dad, so watch it!

Its not a personal mission. I genuinely fear for the club with this guy in charge 

I really care for Villa and thats why I am pissed off. I would LOVE to be proved wrong but I dont see it especially with his lackey Purslow backing him down a dark alley

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

You keep saying young manager and I understand the point but he is an unqualified manager. Like when Steve Staunton managed Ireland 

Gerrard has a little more experience but not a lot. He won a league vs Neil **** Lennon 

He should have went to Championship like Rooney/Lampard a more challenging league and I wouldn't have hired them either

Yes, by young the implication is inexperienced too, hence the term 'rookie'. Would I have preferred Gerrard to have had 2 years in the Championship before joining us? Absolutely. However, that is not where we are now as CP decided to take a punt on Gerrard. So far the pull of Gerrard appears to be helping our transfers, we would not have Cout and Kamara without Gerrard imo. So Purslow got one aspect of it right. Whether Gerrard will become a good manager or not is still up for debate but I can't understand why any Villa fan shouldn't give him a chance to prove himself

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He’s more qualified than Arteta was before he got the arsenal and he’s doing a very good job two seasons in. It could go tits up, but it could also pay off. It looks like the club are giving him everything he’s asking for so there can be no excuses. 

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Yes, by young the implication is inexperienced too, hence the term 'rookie'. Would I have preferred Gerrard to have had 2 years in the Championship before joining us? Absolutely. However, that is not where we are now as CP decided to take a punt on Gerrard. So far the pull of Gerrard appears to be helping our transfers, we would not have Cout and Kamara without Gerrard imo. So Purslow got one aspect of it right. Whether Gerrard will become a good manager or not is still up for debate but I can't understand why any Villa fan shouldn't give him a chance to prove himself

What has he done to deserve a chance? He has managed nearly 30 games and has offered little so far

I dont care what his name is. Ronald McDonald might do better 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s more qualified than Arteta was before he got the arsenal and he’s doing a very good job two seasons in. It could go tits up, but it could also pay off. It looks like the club are giving him everything he’s asking for so there can be no excuses. 

I dont disagree I have always said Arteta is a bluffer 😛

I just worry the club are going all in on a rookie and lets be honest we are definitely going all in this summer

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What has he done to deserve a chance? He has managed nearly 30 games and has offered little so far

I dont care what his name is. Ronald McDonald might do better 

He has been given the job as Villa manager/Head Coach or whatever his job title is. That is what he has done that justifies every Villa fan giving him a chance

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

He has been given the job as Villa manager/Head Coach or whatever his job title is. That is what he has done that justifies every Villa fan giving him a chance

Thats bullshit. Did you give the same 30 game tolerance to Remi Garde or Di Matteo? 

They didnt have a blank cheque

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont disagree I have always said Arteta is a bluffer 😛

I just worry the club are going all in on a rookie and lets be honest we are definitely going all in this summer

If it fails we’re a much more attractive job because of the players we’ve signed anyway, so it doesn’t worry me that much 

• Like 2