Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would love us to get Pau Torres - looks a great player.

Yes, some people however say he has never played well in the really big games.

We would definitely be punching to purchase him

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think letting Konsa AND Ming's go in one season would be a mistake.

I'd sell Konsa before Mings.

You can't just uproot the whole spine of the team so suddenly. Ming's is more.to the team than just a " player " if you know what I mean.

I'm all for change, but it's got to be calculated and strategic. Or we are just starting all over again IMO.

On the strikers, I'm torn, but in the grand scheme I'd probably be more willing to sell Ings than Ollie ( No doubt he'll then go to a team with which he consistently scores worldies against us ).

You never know, might not just be up to us, some of them might actually WANT to go as well.

I think you can uproot it, at the end of the day if you replace one the they have to learn each other anyway.

As for which striker I would replace first.... I don't think that is cut and dry even though most people would say Ings. It depends how you intend to play post buying new players, they don't have similar skill sets.

Ings is more clinical too, in my ideal 4231 formation Ings would probably be better but to be honest I would rather have Abraham up front.

I was thinking about my picks last summer when drawing up a wish list and I must say they were very good shouts 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

For people who say Suarez is too old. Benzema is only 10 months younger than him. 

Not really about age in isolation. Older players than him thats performing. It's his legs and lungs thats the issue.  He's a statue this season 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Not really about age in isolation. Older players than him thats performing. It's his legs and lungs thats the issue.  He's a statue this season 

He has 0.6 goals per 90 or above, every season for the last 10 seasons (the current one included). 

I don't get why people think his legs and lungs are gone. That Atletico are going with the younger players to build for the future is understandable as Suarez isn't staying at the club next season. 

For a season long contract he would to a brilliant job for us in a World Cup year. Off the bench or playing 65min in a FIVE sub season. He is on a different level of good to the players we have fluffing their chances week in week out up front for us. 

Archer training with him, playing with him. People focus on the negative with Suarez and not the elite player with an insane amount of experience. 

If we could get Suarez and Wijnaldum in, with Gomez. People will complain oh look Gerrard is just getting ex Liverpool players in. They ignore the fact they are all Champions League and Domestic League winners. Winners. Vastly experienced and have worked in environments where the expectations are sky high. 

Look at our squad of inconsistent mid table bang average players. How can people be against adding such experience. 

• Like 2

Also in the 4 3 2 1 formation. The top of that formation requires a lethal poacher / finisher. With excellent movement and footballing brain. It doesn't require lung busting high pressing workrate like say Watkins in 4 2 3 1 and nowhere near the ultra ultra pressing Atletico do. Suarez fits the system better than any player we can sign this summer. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He has 0.6 goals per 90 or above, every season for the last 10 seasons (the current one included). 

I don't get why people think his legs and lungs are gone. That Atletico are going with the younger players to build for the future is understandable as Suarez isn't staying at the club next season. 

For a season long contract he would to a brilliant job for us in a World Cup year. Off the bench or playing 65min in a FIVE sub season. He is on a different level of good to the players we have fluffing their chances week in week out up front for us. 

Archer training with him, playing with him. People focus on the negative with Suarez and not the elite player with an insane amount of experience. 

If we could get Suarez and Wijnaldum in, with Gomez. People will complain oh look Gerrard is just getting ex Liverpool players in. They ignore the fact they are all Champions League and Domestic League winners. Winners. Vastly experienced and have worked in environments where the expectations are sky high. 

Look at our squad of inconsistent mid table bang average players. How can people be against adding such experience. 

He’s also fell out with Simeone, which has also contributed to him being benched.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s also fell out with Simeone, which has also contributed to him being benched.

We've seen what confidence from the manager does for players. Coutinho here for example. 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We've seen what confidence from the manager does for players. Coutinho here for example. 

Exactly, and he's played with Gerrard and Coutinho before.  I don't get the issue people have with signing him, on football matters anyway (the Evra incident and biting aside).  He would be here for a year max, play in the world cup and then probably retire or move for a pay day in 2023.  The influence he would have on Archer would be worth it alone, even if he only scored 1 goal all season.    

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

For me it's hard for me to accept us potentially signing Suarez, due to his character. It's hard to forgive racism for me anyway. I pretty much felt the same when we signed Terry as well.

Agreed I dont care whether he's still got legs or not completely irrelevant in my book. Don't want him anywhere near our club. Horrible human. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Agreed I dont care whether he's still got legs or not completely irrelevant in my book. Don't want him anywhere near our club. Horrible human. 

You don't know him. 

I despise a large portion of the people who come to support football far more than I ever will Luis Suarez.

So get of your high horses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

For me it's hard for me to accept us potentially signing Suarez, due to his character. It's hard to forgive racism for me anyway. I pretty much felt the same when we signed Terry as well.

Evra has forgiven him, why can't you?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Evra has forgiven him, why can't you?

Because Evra doesn't speak for me, it offended me as well and like I said for me personally it's really hard to forgive someone for saying anything racist. I don't really want to go too off-topic about it and I tend to stay away from discussing these things because it get's exhausting, but I'm of a similar background as Evra. To me they are not just words (not saying that's what you're saying) but that seems to be the argument about just forgiving, it's hard to when those words were used to describe black people not that long ago and still up till now.

Anyway like I said I don't want to go too off-topic, but like Terry I'll just have to accept it if he signs because he'll be playing for us.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Because Evra doesn't speak for me, it offended me as well and like I said for me personally it's really hard to forgive someone for saying anything racist. I don't really want to go too off-topic about it and I tend to stay away from discussing these things because it get's exhausting, but I'm of a similar background as Evra. To me they are not just words (not saying that's what you're saying) but that seems to be the argument about just forgiving, it's hard to when those words were used to describe black people not that long ago and still up till now.

Anyway like I said I don't want to go too off-topic, but like Terry I'll just have to accept it if he signs because he'll be playing for us.

Fair enough, a valid reason for not wanting him.  

• Thanks 1