Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You’ve basically just seen his goal and made that decision haven’t you?

Yeah thats how it works.
You dont sign them if they dont score goals

6 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Proven partnership with Buendia too. At 32, not a long term investment, but if we could get him for a snip I'd have him ahead of either of our current 2 tbh

Would be a great supersub if you need goal aswell

31 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Yeah thats how it works.
You dont sign them if they dont score goals

I’m sure that is how it works. I’m just surprised that it takes one goal for you to make your mind up.

Actually, I’m not surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely Digne was a Gerrard signing?  Reading between the lines he clearly thought Targett was shite and got Digne in at the first opportunity.  I suspect he will be trying to sign similar stature of player to replace Konsa, Luiz and possibly Watkins.  Established in the league, big transfer fees and huge wages.

It will be interesting. Could argue we went with that approach with Ings which failed in the summer

Centre back will be interesting as I don't think its a particularly strong area in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It will be interesting. Could argue we went with that approach with Ings which failed in the summer

Centre back will be interesting as I don't think its a particularly strong area in the Premier League. 

Yep the is quite a lot of supposedly good centre backs at not giant clubs right now.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spare a moment to remember that, Lovre Kalinic, is still on our books. WTF???!!!!

He should be gone soon. I think of him as an indicator of how badly the club was run in the past.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spare a moment to remember that, Lovre Kalinic, is still on our books. WTF???!!!!

8 games he played for us. I hope someone from the work permit office has been in the phone to say “next time we turn you down for a work permit, do yourselves a favour and don’t appeal”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Always feels a bit like the signings DS never really wanted he just quickly froze out....Engels played a bit, then had a couple of poor games and barely featured again. Sanson never really got a chance and yeah Kalinic was bizarre. Came in, didn't look amazing but no worse than Nyland did and got subbed at half time v West Brom and never played again even in the cup.

Four and a half year deal so think when you're dishing out that length of contract it's best to check with the head coach he really wants him.

BTW just saw that Strasbourg were beating Lyon so checked to see how Freddie is getting on....he's on the bench yet I thought he was supposed to be having this amazing loan spell?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

He should be gone soon. I think of him as an indicator of how badly the club was run in the past.

He was signed under the existing structure wasn't he....

Can't blame Bruce or Wyness or xia for this one.

NSWE owners, Cutler scouted him and DS presumably gave the final o.k.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

BTW just saw that Strasbourg were beating Lyon so checked to see how Freddie is getting on....he's on the bench yet I thought he was supposed to be having this amazing loan spell?

Tbf he's started all but 4 games this season and played 90 in most of them in a team sitting in 4th. Not checked in a while but a month or so ago he was the highest rated RB in the league on both Whoscored and Sofascore.

We originally tried to sign Kalanic back in January 2016, but we were denied a work permit, this is his original thead on here from that time:

That was when Lerner still owned us.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As ever things are not as simple as you think - formally signed under new owners but initiated by them? Requested by Smith? Did we have a DOF then?
NWSE took over July 2018  
Smith joined October 2018  
Kalinic joined Dec 2018   
If Smith requested the move NWSE would have rubber stamped it. Football decisions will be taken at CEO, DOF and team manager level.
Mistakes over transfers will happen but we have to hope that we are far more professional now.
We first tried to sign him in 2016.

Edited by PerryBarrPet
New info.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Always feels a bit like the signings DS never really wanted he just quickly froze out....Engels played a bit, then had a couple of poor games and barely featured again. Sanson never really got a chance and yeah Kalinic was bizarre. Came in, didn't look amazing but no worse than Nyland did and got subbed at half time v West Brom and never played again even in the cup.

Four and a half year deal so think when you're dishing out that length of contract it's best to check with the head coach he really wants him.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't Kalinic a very highly rated keeper as well?

I remember when we first tried to get him and it fell through, being a bit gutted. Then we finally " got our man ".

Can you imagine how gutting the whole fiasco was for him?

Perhaps if we got him the first time round, his career would have gone differently.

Who do we think is going to be sold this summer?, could we realistically see 10+ players outgoing?

image.png.7b14678dd5612dc0db1930f8a2468dc4.png

Could be 70-100m depending on who is sold?, add another 100m from our own kitty, and that 170m-200m to spend on players?

What about Bailey & Sanson? (they dont seem to be getting much of a look in...)

Edited by MaVilla

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Who do we think is going to be sold this summer?, could we realistically see 10+ players outgoing?

image.png.7b14678dd5612dc0db1930f8a2468dc4.png

Could be 70-100m depending on who is sold?, add another 100m from our own kitty, and that 170m-200m to spend on players?

What about Bailey & Sanson? (they dont seem to be getting much of a look in...)

I've no idea who THEY will sell I can only say of your list with the players with a value attached I would only be upset to see Traore, Targett and Luiz go.

I understand why the latter two would be sold and you have missed off Chukwumeka who should be sold for the same reason as Luiz if we won't sign on.

I would add McGinn to the list 

Edited by paul514

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He is. Think is the first game he missed in a while

Also called rotation, our manager could try it 🙄

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think was a Suso deal since he had Belgian connections but his file was at the club from the Garde days. Was a strange one 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know the name but could you tell the difference between him and the Moreira goalkeeper we signed 😂

I remember people praising us for getting a Mendes connection and we ended up with Moreira.

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know the name but could you tell the difference between him and the Moreira goalkeeper we signed 😂

I remember people praising us for getting a Mendes connection and we ended up with Moreira.

I genuinely forgot about that.

We've dropped some serious clangers over the years! ( Edit: I know what you probably want to say now.... don't say it mate 😂 )