Formula One - 2022

BOF

The result stands. The teams were given suspended fines instead. Seemingly the 3 drivers' physios or assistants entered parc ferme without permission. Honestly, those Austrian stewards must have been walking around with perpetual hard-ons from the power trip this weekend.

On 08/07/2022 at 21:46, a m ole said:

Not at all. Lewis crashed hard into the wall and they instantly started cheering, standing up and pumping their fists. Max ran over some debris.

I'll take it you missed the British fans reactions when Lewis and Max had the incident at Copse last year or in '99 when Schumacher broke his leg at Silverstone then? Two worse incidents than Lewis the other day. On both occasions the Silverstone crowd cheered loudly as their first reaction.

I'm not condoning it by the way. Just don't make out that only the Max/RB/Dutch fans do it.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Not even they know why. They've not had many upgrades. They're just getting what they've already got working better. Plus Schuey seems to be finally clicking. He does that.

He definitely does have form for it doesn't he? All through the junior ranks, he was the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What you mean he didn't crash. He only has a drive because of his name and  the sponsors money.  

Probably true but he did win the F2 title and has beaten Magnussen on pure pace today. He got a helping hand to get there but he's no pay driver.

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'll take it you missed the British fans reactions when Lewis and Max had the incident at Copse last year or in '99 when Schumacher broke his leg at Silverstone then? Two worse incidents than Lewis the other day. On both occasions the Silverstone crowd cheered loudly as their first reaction.

I'm not condoning it by the way. Just don't make out that only the Max/RB/Dutch fans do it.

I literally only commented on the incident yesterday, and the one the other poster mentioned in response to that which wasn’t an incident.

anything else you have entirely fabricated in your head.

Edited by a m ole

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What you mean he didn't crash. He only has a drive because of his name and  the sponsors money.  

Nah he had a great weekend to be fair to him

I definitely think Mick has gotten away with how largely poor he's been because of his name but you can't not credit him for this weekend. Maybe finally getting points at Silverstone relieved all that pressure and he can settle down now. Also did help that the Haas was genuinely very good.

He seems like quite a likeable person so I do hope this is a turning point for him. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

I literally only commented on the incident yesterday, and the one the other poster mentioned in response to that which wasn’t an incident.

anything else you have entirely fabricated in your head.

And I just mentioned that it seems to be a natural reaction of the F1 crowd to cheer when a rival of the home favourite crashes. It’s not unique to the fans in Austria the other day. 

55 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

And I just mentioned that it seems to be a natural reaction of the F1 crowd to cheer when a rival of the home favourite crashes. It’s not unique to the fans in Austria the other day. 

Great, and how is that some kind of counter point to what I said, which that the crowd reaction to the crash on Saturday was really distasteful? For some reason you seem to have decided that if it was another crowd with the same reaction to a different driver I wouldn’t have the same opinion, which is completely incorrect.

Maybe just wind your neck in?

8 hours ago, Farlz said:

I definitely think Mick has gotten away with how largely poor he's been because of his name but you can't not credit him for this weekend. Maybe finally getting points at Silverstone relieved all that pressure and he can settle down now. Also did help that the Haas was genuinely very good.

He seems like quite a likeable person so I do hope this is a turning point for him. 

I think it's hard to judge anyone who is in a car as bad as the Haas (before this season)

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Great, and how is that some kind of counter point to what I said, which that the crowd reaction to the crash on Saturday was really distasteful? For some reason you seem to have decided that if it was another crowd with the same reaction to a different driver I wouldn’t have the same opinion, which is completely incorrect.

Maybe just wind your neck in?

Like you said in one of your previous posts "Classy dutch fans cheering seeing his car in the wall like a goal" made it seem like the partisan nonsense that you see everywhere which gets on my nerves. My point was that I've seen other sets of fans do the exact same when much more serious incidents occured.

Anyway I'll leave it here (a.k.a neck wound in).

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's hard to judge anyone who is in a car as bad as the Haas (before this season)

Apart from Mazepin. It's entirely fair to judge him for a plethora of reasons.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Like you said in one of your previous posts "Classy dutch fans cheering seeing his car in the wall like a goal" made it seem partisan. My point was that I've seen other sets of fans do the exact same when much more serious actions occured.

Anyway I'll leave it here (a.k.a neck wound in).

Partisan? 😂

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

For some reason you seem to have decided that if it was another crowd with the same reaction to a different driver I wouldn’t have the same opinion, which is completely incorrect.

Fans booing or cheering distastefully has happened for decades. Brundle said it during the live broadcast. Below is a short thread of the more recent examples. I know you were making a general point and not one specific to Dutch/Max fans :thumb:

• Like 1

Another reminder how backward this sport can be (don’t worry, it’s not about Max or Red Bull this time)

A Formula 1 worker who was repeatedly called the n-word by colleagues at the Aston Martin F1 team has told Sky News more needs to be done to confront racism in motorsport.   

https://news.sky.com/story/they-didnt-call-me-by-name-it-was-brownie-or-n-formula-1-worker-reveals-racist-abuse-12652411

Edited by a m ole
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Another reminder how backward this sport can be (don’t worry, it’s not about Max or Red Bull this time)

https://news.sky.com/story/they-didnt-call-me-by-name-it-was-brownie-or-n-formula-1-worker-reveals-racist-abuse-12652411

At least AM got rid of them. Well "Sky News understands" that they were sacked for their behaviour.

• Like 1