Rds1983

Seems to be all over social media. Gave it a go today and enjoyed it (I got very lucky with two green on the first guess). Not overly keen on just playing once a day but oh well. 

Is anyone else doing it? 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 13:46, Rds1983 said:

Seems to be all over social media. Gave it a go today and enjoyed it (I got very lucky with two green on the first guess). Not overly keen on just playing once a day but oh well. 

Is anyone else doing it? 

Yeah (but only since last week). I like it. a 3 minute thing every day to test the brain. Got it in 3 goes last friday, 4 today.

Wordle - A daily word game (powerlanguage.co.uk)

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah (but only since last week). I like it. a 3 minute thing every day to test the brain. Got it in 3 goes last friday, 4 today.

Wordle - A daily word game (powerlanguage.co.uk)

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Big jump from 3 to 4 there to get it. Nicely done. 

I've done 2 days so far and need to do today's. 

Enjoying it and gets the brain firing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Today's was quite difficult I thought. Managed to get it on the last line!

Agreed. I had 3 yellow after my first guess but was scratching my head until the 5th.

46 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Big jump from 3 to 4 there to get it. Nicely done. 

Though I've only played 3 games, I've got a technique, which seems to work - I start off with a word which has 3 different vowels in. Then the next word has the missing ones in, plus any that are orange or green from the first guess. After that it's been surprisingly easy so far. I should have got today's in 3, but I messed up on the second word, using a grey letter again. Doh!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Though I've only played 3 games, I've got a technique, which seems to work - I start off with a word which has 3 different vowels in. Then the next word has the missing ones in, plus any that are orange or green from the first guess. After that it's been surprisingly easy so far. I should have got today's in 3, but I messed up on the third word, using a grey letter again. Doh!

Same here with 3 goes and technique. Except my first word has 4 vowels in. Just struggled with the ordering and then the last two letters today. Think I had a mental blank. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Though I've only played 3 games, I've got a technique, which seems to work - I start off with a word which has 3 different vowels in. Then the next word has the missing ones in, plus any that are orange or green from the first guess. After that it's been surprisingly easy so far. I should have got today's in 3, but I messed up on the third word, using a grey letter again. Doh!

Yeah I've started doing that as well albeit I messed it up today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Except my first word has 4 vowels in

Cripes. There can't be many - Queue is the only one that pops into my head, but that's using one twice. p.s. Don't tell me yours.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Cripes. There can't be many - Queue is the only one that pops into my head, but that's using one twice. p.s. Don't tell me yours.

Unless you're into ancient civilisations the one use is pretty obscure. 

There's 2 fairly common ones though with 4 different vowels. Happy to try and offer a clue to them if you want. 

30 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Unless you're into ancient civilisations the one use is pretty obscure. 

There's 2 fairly common ones though with 4 different vowels. Happy to try and offer a clue to them if you want. 

Nah, I'm good thanks. I'll stick with m'musical instrument

Wordle 206 2/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First ever go but I did see about 10 episodes of Lingo over Christmas which, as @Stevo985mentioned, is exactly the same game so I already had decent tactics in mind.

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Apparently there's a hard mode option. Might have to give that a go. 

Hard mode just forces you to use the letters you already have in subsequent guesses which is really just good strategy.

25 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Wordle 206 2/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First ever go but I did see about 10 episodes of Lingo over Christmas which, as @Stevo985mentioned, is exactly the same game so I already had decent tactics in mind.

Hard mode just forces you to use the letters you already have in subsequent guesses which is really just good strategy.

It's a strategy and would help with some quick wins, but it's limiting and potentially increases chances of losing as you don't eliminate as many options. You can get to the final guess and have a 50/50 call on two letters which you might have been able to avoid if you'd used them earlier. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's a strategy and would help with some quick wins, but it's limiting and potentially increases chances of losing as you don't eliminate as many options. You can get to the final guess and have a 50/50 call on two letters which you might have been able to avoid if you'd used them earlier. 

Yeah you're right it is slightly limiting if the word is obscure, I've not played enough to gauge the difficulty level.

Spoiler

Today's word for example had 3 letters with a Scrabble value of 1 and one with a value of 2 but if they throw in something like JUNKY then it becomes much more difficult to get with the hard mode rule in place.

Â