In The Know. Knowing Me Knowing You....Saha (summer '08)

Chris_McNerlin

This is my first post so apologies if there is any etiquette I'm not aware of..

Just had to get this to the right audience. GB is staying, I'm sure of it. You've all probably seen the new kit sponsor, if sponsor is the right word, and not wanting to divulge any sources but GB and Laursen were at Acorns last week maikng a film to be shown at the ground before matches next season.... Why would he be doing that if he's planning on leaving.?

Its a totally gospel source and I'm convinced.

Trent its like the Defoe story I was informed that he had met MON and that came from a London source who had told me about NRC one but it never happened in the end but the press picked up on a story that eminated from the websites that Defoe had been to Villa Park / Bodymoor Heath . The truth is we didn't get him and I can't back up my original information and its the last time I ever go on a mate of a mates info .

Last week was told via our ex joint Chairman that Barry was definately off and Knightly from Wolves was signing and Routledge was on his bike , just don't believe it ! Think sometimes its easier to make something up than say nothing at all .

Didn't Bill Howell say the deal for Barry was near at one point with Crouch going in the other direction

I have heard that Barry's agent is still very confident that Gareth is going to Liverpool and that a price will eventually be agreed with a player coming the other way.

Before I proceed may I be the first to say this is unfounded speculation and I have no solid confirmation, or hidden agenda I would dearly love Gareth Barry to stay, he has been my favourite Villa player for years now. My friend, who is a labourer in Birmingham, has told me that his boss's brother who had been working on Barry's house for months previously has now been told to stop all work.

Once again not claiming to be ITK, or even close, just a rumour I have heard. Could be endless reasons or just solely untrue. Heres hoping its inaccurate... Losing Gareth regardless of how much we get for him would be disastrous. :(

Dunne was at Spurs this week having talks - whilst there Harry Rednap called him and asked if he was interested in talks there.

No move from the villa to date.

How do I know? My neighbour knows him from when he lived here in Formby.

Both stayed at New Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield last night. My source works there and will be back in work later today. More news later hopefully. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Forlan and Sidwell. So they are the new Defoe then.

Guest Ricardomeister

I have seen a few rumours (which obviously may or may not be true) that Stoke have bid £3.8 million for the Hare and that he could be the next to go. I hope we do not sell him, but if he does go it should be for at least £5 million. I can see him being the type of player that Stoke would go for.

UTV SOTC

A Dunne deal for Spurs

More than one Spurs ITK is saying it's a done deal, subject to a now-arranged medical.

A decent, Prem-experienced CB to provide further cover in case King's predictions of a full recovery for next season don't materialise. A solid signing to strengthen Spurs' defensive options - I'm happy with this.

No 100% guarantee to be true (the health warning with all ITK info), but I'm reasonably confident it'll prove correct.

Had a text message from a big Villa fan mate of mine who has been down to VP with me this season. Anyway, he saw Sidwell in Revolution Bar in London earlier on tonight and asked him if he was coming to Villa, Sidwell said that he might and he is coming for talks next week.

just specualtion but Ihave heard some strong ruours from peopel leaving in Wolvo saying t is round there that a deal will be done

and surely Hennessy won't come as 2nd choice he would be better stopping at wolves

Guzan seems a perfect number 2 though with say a young keeper ( I know Hennessey is !!) as 3 as we we don;t seem to have any at the club good enough

An anonymous tip ...

kevin-prince boateng & per metersacker.... you heard it here first !

informed statement from a VERY reliable source, unfortunately, will have to remain nameless...... although id love to tell all....

Indeed ! :)

One for the ITK thread.

I've just been told by a business associate, who has links to Barry's 'advisors', that he is off and the deal could be completed as soon as the end of the week. The only stumbling block being agreeing the fee, a big block imo given the way that Liverpool have acted in this whole affair, but Barry is set on moving.

I cant bring myself to wish him good luck.

This is one for the ITK. I have been told by a friend who works with Barry's representatives that he is going to agree a new, long term deal at Villa in the next week. Apparently he was thinking of moving but MoN & Randy's ambitions along with his position at the club persuaded him the right thing to do was stay.