In The Know. Knowing Me Knowing You....Saha (summer '08)

Chris_McNerlin

benevans

I pretty much agree with everything you've said there and I feel the same way. I am completely behind MON but I don't neccessarily agree with his transfer policy and the way he operates all the times. I believe we will be getting the players in for the positions we need much sooner rather than later, and, sorry to be such a tease, I say this with confidence because of things I know that are happening at the club. :)

Mysteryman

Here goes another slating first of all I get told which was confirmed Shorey was with Adams in the tunnel Saturday but didn't say he was signing or anything but assumed he was Portsmouth bound .

This source is telling me Shorey has been on Villa's radar for a while and Shorey wants to come to Villa but we are also in advanced negotiations with a Spanish and a Portugese player who MON / Lerneer have kept under wraps for months and its about to come to fruition .

The lad who told me is an old lad involved in football not prone to shouting the odds but suppose to think we are going to sign three players in days is just hard to believe .

JoshClem

Nicky Shorey and Luke Young will almost definitley sign for us today or tommorow... might be a bit later they sign but i doubt it.

Aswell as this we will be rumored to a quite exciting player sometime today and it will be a pretty strong link. But i know nothing about it yet. ;)

Stu_The_Villan, he say :

I have heard from a reliable source that Villa have had a bid accepted for Valencia winger Joaquin and all that is left to sort out are personal terms.

Watch this space.

I'm watching...

Got a PM from someone I know personally earlier on (they wish to remain anonymous at this juncture)

My job involves speaking to people all over the UK, right?

I think my ITK about Shorey - well, it was pretty spot on.

All I know is, from somebody I spoke to about 4 days ago we HAVE made an approach for Cole, thats all I know.

Have we bid? - no idea!

Will we get him? - No idea!

But I speak to this guy pretty often and he won't live it down if he is wrong cos I won't send business his way

Dante_Lockhart

I know this has been vaguely touched upon, but a friend of mine through work has told me that Gaz Baz is currently having his house redecorated head to foot. New windows, new kitchen, bathrooms etc...

Take it anyway you want, is he planning for the forseeable future or is he attempting to make it a better sell?

brightonfan

Just a quick post to update you, basically i dont know Barry personally but I know his dad in Hastings, we go to England games together, well having spoken to him today he has told me Barry is Definetly staying at Villa. he is embarrassed by the whole saga and just wants to put the whole thing behind him, in a ideal world he would like villa to be in the champions league so you cant blame him for his head being turned by Pool but he just wants to get match fit then win his place back. His dad didn't mention a contract but just said he will be staying now.