In The Know. Knowing Me Knowing You....Saha (summer '08)

Chris_McNerlin

Anonymous

My brother is a liverpool fan, and theres an 'in the know' from a liverpool forum. From apparently a well connected poster, who has been right on several things before, he says that its looking like a part exchange with crouch going to villa. Rumours are Crouch (valued at 8m) plus 7m for Barry.

i know this from a reliable source who knows barry very well.

facts are:

- he has turned down a new contract offer from villa has he wants his option kept open.

- he has not asked to leave, and will not do so. he is happy to leave it in the lap of the gods. He will NOT quick up a fuss.

- he has not spoken directly to liverpool himself. his agent has done once when they rang him. No personal terms agreed or discussed.

- if villa don't accept offer he is more than happy to stay, and would possibly sign new contract in future, but not likely this summer. he would want to see how things go.

- even if villa accept a bid, he hasn't made his mind up whether he would leave. he genuinley is of the view that at the moment he has no decision to make.

TIN HAT ALERT!!!!!

Ive got it on fairly good authority from 'someone' at Bodymoor Heath that Barry will be staying, this was after the recent (since the England friendly) talks about MONs transfer targets. The big name player signing will be that of Barcelonas Thierry Henry! He will sign on an initial 1 year loan (costing £3 million pound) with Villa having the first option for a further £9 million. Henry has been at Bodymoor Heath and terms are agreed. This is due to be announced after Euro 2008.

£3m is the fee I am told. I think he has looked very good in games and not so in others which is tyoical of a young kid needing games. I think with 2 years of games under his bely with us he could be England's right-back.

What is interesting is who plays right midfield in front of him..

Guys, first post, but one of my contacts was with ISM at trent bridge all last week. Feedback is they are not overly concerned about Barry going, and they have a number of targets in process, but as always will not pay silly money or break the bank, and need to fit MON criteria.

Not sure if this should go in the ITK thread or not.

A good friend of mine knows someone who works in the marketing department at villa and he told me last night that the rumour they've heard round the club is that we turned down an £18 million bid for barry.

Nothing to do with barry but they also heard that we had a very big offer for bentley turned down a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe holding out for big money for barry to put towards a bigger bid for bentley.

Anyway I trust my friend but i'm not sure how true the rumours are that people hear at the club. I thought i'd share it anyway.

I've known for a week now that barry is nailed on to leave and iam ITK. ive heard it from somebody who is friendly with someone extremely high within the AVFC heirachy, i havent chosen to reveal it untill now because ive also heard liverpool are lining up multiple bids, one of which was rejected last week.

Couldn't post this in the ITK thread as it's locked.

I assume mods move them in there.

Anway my dad is currently on holiday in Dubai and is stopping at the same hotel as sidwell. He managed to speak to him today and Sidwell told him he wants to come to villa and is just waiting for things to be sorted out.

Gabby15

Subject : ... Sent : Jun 17, 2008 - 10:09 AM Here is a little rumour that will make you chuckle

I know somebody who spoke to Paul Merson a few weeks ago, who is still up on what is going around the club, anbd Barry will go ( this was 2 weeks ago he said this, I only found the info yesterday) and Henry is a real possibility to join us

I think Merse may have had a drink

^ Someone just posted that on another forum, might be worth sticking it in the ITK thread.

Taken from talklfc.com.

QUOTE (9fowler9 @ Jun 19 2008, 06:57 AM)

Was speaking to Steffan Moore, he stil has a few links at Villa, is always chilling with their players. He said the move is on hold, looking doubtfull. Liverpool don't really want to loose Xabi Alonso, the problem is thats the only way to fund the Barry deal. Barrys wants to go to Liverpool but both him and Liverpool think he is over priced. Also Liverpool don't think they are getting a fair value for Alonso (and Xabi himself, and his family is happy at Liverpool). All this means the deal has taken a lot of backwards steps in the last few days.

QUOTE (QZKOP @ Jun 19 2008, 12:47 PM) *

I hope this is true. Barry is overpriced (because he is English) and I really don't want to lose Xabi. I hope Xabi stays and makes this season his statement season to remind us of how good he is.

QUOTE (Hughesy @ Jun 19 2008, 01:22 PM) *

Also Xabi was told of this possible transfer to Juve while playing golf and broke down into tears, he is a great player and we should keep hold of him at all costs and i for one will be absolutly gutted if he leaves and is replaced with (censored)ing gareth barry

QUOTE (*Troubleshooter* @ Jun 19 2008, 01:26 PM) *

who told you that?

QUOTE (Hughesy @ Jun 19 2008 Yesterday, 09:41 PM) *

A lad i play golf with every blue moon is a member of one of the courses up in Southport with Xabi often plays apparently and all of the members wer chatting about this incident. This lad has no reason to lie as he is not a big football fan so take it as you will but i beleive it as every1 knows how much Xabi loves liverpool

link

Re: Transfer Talk

by slinkey on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Sorry to dissapoint, but yet again my contact stated today that Bentley wants to go to the Villa, and the move will be made public this week. For me, this is a very worrying turn of events, especially as we have now taken on a manager who is definately going to be a big gamble. what on earth?. I see this season been a very difficult season for this club.

Ok I will be crucified here for what I say, but mark my words watch what happens.

From some Blackburn forum.