In The Know. Knowing Me Knowing You....Saha (summer '08)

Chris_McNerlin

Today I got told it's a done deal between barry and pool, just pool and villa on a price/exchange for him. 80,000 a week. from a friend who's friend goes out with barrys sister i think. Been done a while he said. Bye Bye Barry! hope it's a total load of shit! but i do think he is over rated for a player that only uses his right foot to stand on and is as fast as john terry (ok apart from the goal against spurs last year)

Read into this what you will.....

My mate works at the Golf Club where Barry has been a member for the past 5 years or so....he hasn't renewed his membership for this coming year.

Hi guys. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, as it were, but our skipper is leaving. I am truly gutted about this, he is probably my favourite player and certainly one of the best at the club. Anyway, I have no interest in lying about this - I spoke to one of Gareth's closest friend last night and he told me he had had a conversation with him a couple of days previous and told him he has his heart set on leaving, Liverplop being the destination.

So O'Neills piece in the mail about persauding him to stay, most inmportant act of the summer etc etc., is all well and good. However, it looks like it will all be in vain as the player has already made his mind up.

First up, due to me being a tad silly, im locked from putting anything in the in the know boast thread.

so if someone could move it in there, that would be great.

Basically through a friend who knows barry, (this friend correctly told me about the proposed pompey deal and the new contract days before it hit press last year) i was told last week that barry would be gutted to leave but felt it was his last chance and was looking set to join plop.

now however he describes barry as genuinley torn and confused. he came out of a brief chat with MON really excited about the future, but of course is realistic to know it is still along way off and is a risk to assume that CL is around the corner.

all in all it is NOT a done deal and our captain could still stay

I had heard, from a reasonably reliable and well connected (in Wolverhampton) that we had signed Michael Kightly in a pre-contract in January??

Maybe MON has started early but is keeping it very quiet, as is his way.

Role

Hi to all you Villa fans:) I am big Villa fan and I have been a Villa fan for 13 years

This is my first post, but I have been on this site many times. Reason why I am writhing now is becouse I live in Norway and my brother have just spoken to John Carew who visited the shop my brother work in. He asked him about Barry and if he is leaving Villa this sommer, and John said that he think he will leave... He looked like ready for a new chalenge( sorry about my english :( ) and sorry to be the one bringing bad news... :(

I`ve got myself a nice autograph too :)

From an anonymous poster, who PMed me. I've put in *'s to keep it anonymous.

My **** oldest friend's **** is **** ***** with Gareth since childhood.(Sounds stupid but it is very true).

In a way its no new news but Gareth Really wanted the Liverpool move.

He loves Villa but had his heart set on playing for Liverpool.

However after meeting MON and Randy he is very confused between staying and going.

As I say its not much but I promise you is the truth.

throwing in my 2 cents worth...

i'm not saying i am ITK

i'm not saying that this is concrete or even slightly true

but the source is Jermaine Penant so make up your own mind

(yes i am aware he played for the scum)

apparently if the barry deal goes through it'll be a part exchange for BOTH Crouch and Pennant

apparently benitez has discussed this with both players and they have agreed to leave should villa accept

but as above it could be a former blooser just talking shit

Agents working on behalf of Barry and Liverpool met and agreed personal terms a couple of months ago. This was all done using agents with no "official" link to either party so that no FA Laws were broken.

These terms are no way legally binding but will be the terms used in the deal if/when a price is agreed.

My cousin works at the ground, and knows some of the players well, mainly Zat Knight, and I asked him whether Barry is staying, he said he does not know. So I can't see how you can be so sure.

sorry for veering off topic here but my brother has just rang me from germany, where he works with some interesting news concerning the villa. we are supposidly according to rumours on the verge of at least making a bid for hugo almeida. i know little about him, but he informs me that he is a big strong centre forward in the zlatan mould. please dont shoot the messanger

Some more ITK stuff for everyone to laff at or accept as gospel, Im in no way saying any of this will happen, claim to have a source etc etc, just what i've been told.

The PT at the place i used to work trains one of the writers for the Mirror 'i think it was' one of the papers anyway, and apparently the rumours are that Sidwell is signing for 7 million (pricey to me) and Carson for 6 milllion. I know this is stuff already being mooted around but apparently there is big substance in this,

to be fair I would not be to impressed,

Sidwell 'maybe'

Carson 'hell no, and not for 6 MILL'

again this is just a friend of a friend job so just take it with a big hopeful pinch of salt.

There are rumours and stress rumours eminating out of Liverpool that it is 10 mill plus Pennant and they expect it to be concluded in the next two weeks . But thats from their side nothing at all to suggest from Villa that that's been agreed or close .