VT Game of the Year 2021

villa4europe

Just now, Designer1 said:

I may have to add Far Cry 6 to my list. It's really **** good.

If you're a fan of the series and haven't played it then I highly recommend it.

I'm a fan of the series in as much as I got up to number 4 before finally hitting the "Ubisoft-formula-fatigue" wall, and have given everything since a pass.  Is 6 good enough to warrant diving back in?  And the big question; will anything ever top getting to ride a lazer-powered dinosaur whilst playing as a part-cyborg Michael Biehn to the soundtrack of Vince DiCola during the denouement of Blood Dragon?

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 04:08, Designer1 said:

I may have to add Far Cry 6 to my list. It's really **** good.

If you're a fan of the series and haven't played it then I highly recommend it.

I'm just finally play far cry primal, my first introduction to the franchise..

I don't think I've played a single game that's come out in 2021. Must be the first time ever.

I've played Hades if that counts, but I didn't like it so doesn't seem right to give it GOTY

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Glad it wasn't just me 

It's kinda fun but I don't like the concept of it to be honest. I know the levels are randomly generated so it's always different, but every time I finished a run I just felt like "huh, well I'm back at the start, can't be arsed to do that again"

I'll probably go back to it and see if it clicks but I didn't see what all the fuss was about

I think my game of the year for 2021 is; The Forgotten City. It's a fantastic indie game made by a core team of three people. It's a time loop mystery game with fantastic writing, characters and a central plot that keeps the player motivated. 

I think 2021 was pretty good for gaming. It wasn't a homerun with most of this years releases having some flaws, but it was hard to decide in the end. My honourable mentions for 2021 are as follows;

• Loop Hero
  • Resident Evil Village
  • It Takes Two
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Death's Door
  • Deathloop
  • Returnal
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Halo Infinite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's kinda fun but I don't like the concept of it to be honest. I know the levels are randomly generated so it's always different, but every time I finished a run I just felt like "huh, well I'm back at the start, can't be arsed to do that again"

I'll probably go back to it and see if it clicks but I didn't see what all the fuss was about

I think if you can get into the story then the fact you're replaying levels repeatedly doesn't seem to matter as much. 

Favourite games that came out in 2021:

Metroid Dread

Resident Evil Village

Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island DLC

Still have Deathloop to play and have also spent a bit of time on Back 4 Blood which has been fun so far.

Favourites that didn't come out in 2021 but I played or finished this year:

Demon's Souls

Bloodborne

Sekiro

Yakuza 7

Nioh Remastered

I still have plenty of games in the backlog that I want to get through (which is proving to be a much slower process since having our first kid in October!). Hoping to get through these since there's so many good games coming out next year:

Deathloop, Nioh 2 Remastered, Yakuza Zero, Yakuza 6. 

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo
  • Like 4

Â