Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

equally, I am tired of defending, what is appearing to be the indefensible.

I have mustered arguments, to defend our manager.....but the repetition of turgid football is taking its toll....whether, its the manager or the players or both.....something has to change, and change quickly.

The same noises are repeating themselves after every game.....that is not a good sign, I have heard it all before.

As you may know, I don't like changing managers, I believe in continuity and still do......but the offerings are embarrassing.

something has to give.

Despite how hard I’ve gone in the past (definitely too hard on occasion so I apologise! I’ve been laying the jokes on thick lately) I do respect your position and understand where you’ve been coming from even if I see it completely differently at times and I do appreciate trying to stay positive and hope for the best. One thing for sure with football is everyone gets proven right as often as they’re proven wrong and it’s still possible Gerrard could make most of us look stupid.

I think we all agree we support Villa and want to be entertained, just see different ways of getting there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

When he goes it’s going to be such a big movement, McPhee has to go, danks surely has to go. All Gerrards staff. The sooner it’s done the better 

These two were also not Smith appointments, not really sure the logic especially Danks as he is supposed to be an attacking coach

when nothing changes from game to game, the training comes in to question and we need to rein it in.

its all lip service now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Never mind the away fans turning, if @TRO has turned, that's it, Gerrards a gonna, may as well walk there is no way back. Only problem is how do we let Purslow know. 😂

I still don't want him to fail.....but I can't support that garbage, so what allternative, do I have.....The football is embarrassing, even purslow, must be embarrassed by it.

The real issue, is getting someone to turn this shitshow around.

I guess the huge financial damage is key.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Here's to hoping I wake up tomorrow in America EST, and there's a statement from across the Atlantic.

giphy.gif 

I honestly thought he was gone this morning. As soon as opened my eyes I loaded the BBC app and Gerrards face was the front page story. For a split second i thought “he’s gone”. 

The story ended up just being about about how he’s under pressure. 

While it lasted the few seconds were great. I’m sure I’ve heard my missues say similar after sex 🤣

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I still don't want him to fail.....but I can't support that garbage, so what allternative, do I have.....The football is embarrassing, even purslow, must be embarrassed by it.

The real issue, is getting someone to turn this shitshow around.

I guess the huge financial damage is key.

Yesterday Keane suggested that we replaced all our attacking players in the January window. If is an alternative to replacing Gerrard. What do you think of that idea?

No wonder Keane always fails as a manager, he really doesn’t have a clue. (If somebody is wondering, look at Forest for how replacing large part of squad look like.)

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Desperate for calls this morning on TalkSport. Jim Shite asking the listeners, should Gerrard be awarded a new contract like Cooper to give him a bit of confidence to crack on. I nearly crash the car. 😂

Jordan spoke a lot of sense though, imo

• Like 2

I think we are at banner stage, the board need to see that we dislike him, not his football, not the fact we have 9 points from 9 games, actually him, the destroyer of football club souls. 

I don't care if we are shlt but I care when I start disliking watching my club and feeling like the manager and fans aren't together. What is he doing here, imagine the buzz around Villa park if Poch or emery or someone else came in, a shining bit of hope. 

This has gotten to silly levels already. Even if he wins the next 10 he's still a disrespectful knob.

Â